What's new

"Bamboo Banger" - Intamin Mega-Lite

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I know it took a long time to finish my last coaster, but I was doing something in the background. I've been learning how to master Newton 2. Now this ride is really just me trying to get to grips with it, but I've grown attached to the little fella and I thought it would be a shame not to release him. So watch this space =).

208xzeb.jpg

I've ridden a lot of tool built rides and I'm usually left unimpressed as the ride generally lacks thought or "soul". So I've decided that's my next aim, to create a tool built ride with soul! OK this ride is simple, but there is something bigger in the pipeline, that will take abit more time. But I will finish this little thing first.

I'm not trying to re-invent the mega-lite with it, just capture it's essence.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Looks awesomely compact from the picture! I've not ridden so many coasters in no limits, so I dunno what the difference tools make is, but I look forward to riding this XD

A

Anonymous

^ That's easy, just remove the Grid, Vertices, First Vertex, etc. that you don't want to see.
Make a screen shot and then in some image editor just invert the colours...

I have some problem about some of the parts of the ride, like it's in layers where it goes down one step for each turn around, more large hills for **** sake!!
It also lacks those insane twisty hills that really makes the Mega-Lites so special...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Mmm... curvy!

I'm sure you've sorted it, but the banking on that turn does look quite steep. It is not a bit too much?

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Hehe, to all the immature park goers out there, (especially thorpe chavs) this coaster's name is going to provide a few sniggers if it was built!

Looks very nice though. Compact and full of airtime! Lovely.

Jools

Giga Poster
Lyk lol at da name bruv "Bangaz!" ahahaha. *cough*.

Looks "soulful" I guess, love the logo. :)

A

Anonymous

You need to line up some of the supports, especially the one on the airtime hill on that last image.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Sorry to say, but I've scrapped this project. =( I prematurely announced it really and it was really just a "Richard's learning newton" kinda coaster and theres a few things that just annoy me and I know it's not worth sorting. It's still a fun ride, but I won't be releasing it properly so, have a download HERE! Enjoy my unfinished ride, ha!

On the bright side, one of the reasons I've pulled out of this is I have a new obsessive with B&M hypers. Diamondback and Apollo's Chariot for some reason =/, god knows why. Expect something else soon. And don't fret! A mega-lite will happen! One that's better than this one!