attack of the clones

best clone ride

• B and M batman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intamin Mega Lite

• I hate them both

• I Love them both equally, it's like choosing a favourite child!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Anonymous

^^ The 4 Mega-lites that have been built are clones.

They are both great coasters, but I prefer the Intamin's since they have way more airtime <3

Oo I haven't been on a Mega Lite, but I think they look spectacular! But, having said that, I can't see them being as forceful as Batmans are.

So for now I'm gonna say Batman, though I have a feeling I might change my mind if I rode a Mega Lite.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
It's a tough-un! Both great designs.

I'm inclined to say Batman, as I love B&M, but Intamin have got it right with the mega-lite.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Never riden either style, but I'd rather go on a Mega-lite, I think they just look better.

Snoo

The Legend
That I've been on? Batman clones.. epic to say the least.

In reality? Mega-Lite.. clearly.

marc

CF Legend
I dont mind clones of Batman and Megalites, they are great coasters.

But SLC's one is to many let alone loads of them, same goes or Spinny Mouse coasters etc.

RCF

Strata Poster
Probably Batman. I haven't actually been on a mega-lite, but I can't judge so I'm going with what I've ridden.

clecktown

Roller Poster
I havn't ridden either, but I'd be more inclined to ride a Mega-Lite if I had the choice. They look a bit more interesting and are unlike anything else I've ever ridden.

Ollie

CF Legend
Mega Lites are amazing. I didn't think that much of them until I got on one and it was fantastic.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Love, love, love Mega Lites, but I've yet to try a Batman clone, so I won't vote.

Sort of pisses me off when people adopt the stupid "vote for the one I've ridden" option. This poll would only ever really work if the only people voting had either ridden both or neither of them. Meh, goes for a lot of polls actually.

^ Yeah, I didn't vote either, it'd be kinda silly. But even if you did decide to vote and you had only been on one, as long as you didn't vote for the one you have ridden just because it's the only one you've been on, and actually look at it from an unbiased standpoint of which one you actually think looks better, I don't see the issue. I have a good feeling Mega Lites are better and would probably have voted for that, had I voted, but I've only ever been on Batman Clones..

Depends how biased you are I guess :p .

nealbie

CF Legend
Batman's look similar to Nemmie Inferno, but slightly better. Now Inferno is: NOWHERE near as good as a Mega-Lite.

Therefore, despite having not been on a Batman clone, I can confidently deduce using upper-middle-class reasoning that a Mega-Lite is best. :p

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Almost all B&M Inverts apart from Nemesis are basicaly Batman clones with a tiny difference. They all follow the same basic template in almost all cases, but that just swaps the first two inversions around. Twisting drop, loop, zero-g, follwed by either another loop, immelmann or cobra roll. Sometimes they will swap it around a bit; Alpengeist has the immelman before the loop, Mamba does not have a fully inverting immelmann. After that they just string together a couple of elements. There is always a corkscrew or two after. Mamba just has turns. Inferno manages to add a pre-lift and it's corkscrews are interlocked. Silver Bullet has an overbank that is clearly a gimmick so it can say it has one; it's possitioning and what it does gives it away.
They need to diversify their designs if they are not just going to make clones. Nemesis is ranked 6th in the world. Higher than any other of their supposedly newer and better ones that are entirely predictable. But enough B&M-Bashing for one day.

Mega-lites are very unique, and as there are no other deigns, custom or otherwise, they do not fall into the B&M Invert trap of being different but still the same. When more designs appear that could change if they stick to the same basic template.

Using Blaze logic, that makes Mega-lites better, as their design is more unique. For now. But they are probably just better anyway.

Ben

CF Legend
Blaze said:
Almost all B&M Inverts apart from Nemesis are basicaly Batman clones with a tiny difference. They all follow the same basic template in almost all cases, but that just swaps the first two inversions around. Twisting drop, loop, zero-g, follwed by either another loop, immelmann or cobra roll. Sometimes they will swap it around a bit; Alpengeist has the immelman before the loop, Mamba does not have a fully inverting immelmann. After that they just string together a couple of elements. There is always a corkscrew or two after. Mamba just has turns. Inferno manages to add a pre-lift and it's corkscrews are interlocked. Silver Bullet has an overbank that is clearly a gimmick so it can say it has one; it's possitioning and what it does gives it away.
They need to diversify their designs if they are not just going to make clones. Nemesis is ranked 6th in the world. Higher than any other of their supposedly newer and better ones that are entirely predictable. But enough B&M-Bashing for one day.

Mega-lites are very unique, and as there are no other deigns, custom or otherwise, they do not fall into the B&M Invert trap of being different but still the same. When more designs appear that could change if they stick to the same basic template.

Using Blaze logic, that makes Mega-lites better, as their design is more unique. For now. But they are probably just better anyway.

Um, OK.