What's new

AT's Enterprise to be replaced...

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
... by another enterprise model.

News from Towerstimes
Alton Towers may be set to be getting another new ride for next season, ready in time for the launch of SW7.

Enterprise located in X-Sector has been running in the park since 1984, and though it's a popular ride, it apparently doesn't seem to be fit for the job anymore.

We can now exclusively reveal that the park will be gaining a new Enterprise model for the new season, Hopefully this will allow more guests to experience the ride and to keep the queues at bay, at least for a while.

We at TowersTimes are very excited with this news and will keep you updated.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Enterprise to be replaced...

Sense - this makes non!

Enterprise rarely has a queue even on the busiest of days, so there's no "hidden appeal" in the ride to warrant replacing it with the same model, surely? Unless they're shipping up Gemini from Thorpe?

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Re: Enterprise to be replaced...

^Enterprise is staying! It's just being updated ;), replaced is a bit misleading.

But Furie said it really, it makes no sense!

STC

Mega Poster
This is completely untrue. Enterprise is having some of its parts replaced, as the second half of a two part refurbishment taking place over the 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 closed seasons.

It's not being replaced with a new Enterprise. TowersTimes is incorrect.

Nic

Strata Poster
STC said:
This is completely untrue. Enterprise is having some of its parts replaced, as the second half of a two part refurbishment taking place over the 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 closed seasons.

Don't get me wrong, your version of events makes far more sense, but... source?

Scott88

Hyper Poster
STC said:

This makes a lot more sense and considering the links that TST has with Towers, I'd expect this to be true over what TTF are suggesting.

Does anyone know why TTF is now member only? I found it a little bit strange the other day.

marc

CF Legend
Finally something to look forward to next year. Alton throw more money at a pile of rubbish good on them, they are doing a grand job with that park.

Cannot wait to ride this in 2013.

STC

Mega Poster
The TST team have much stronger links with park management than the TTF team, and the TST team are sure that this isn't a new ride, just a few replacement parts.

I don't know where TTF got their information from, but it's 100% false. HUSS don't even make the ride anymore.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Scott88 said:
STC said:

This makes a lot more sense and considering the links that TST has with Towers, I'd expect this to be true over what TTF are suggesting.

Does anyone know why TTF is now member only? I found it a little bit strange the other day.

It was a silly attempt to boost forum members really. The whole thing is just becoming tiresome now.

Anyway, back on topic. This is really great news about Enterprise receiving a makeover. It was obvious that the ride was suffering last year, as the staff were only loading half the carriages.

With a bit of luck we'll see a better cycle too.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
FaceYourNemesis said:

Hahahahahaaaaaaa!

HAHAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA!!!

I'm done.

No, wait, still more.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAA!
Ho

LOL!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Scott88 said:

what bit have they made members only? Looks fine without logging on to me! (obviously you need to register to post on the forums, but you always did)

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
caffeine_demon said:
Scott88 said:

what bit have they made members only? Looks fine without logging on to me! (obviously you need to register to post on the forums, but you always did)
The recent SW7 pictures were only visible to registered members at first.

Hey Furie, some of us can hope :wink:

STC

Mega Poster
Scott88 said:

They've lost nearly all their members to TowersStreet, and their community is pretty much dead, so they're a bit desperate to rebuild it. They're only letting you see new SW7 photos if you sign-up, it's a bit desperate really.

FaceYourNemesis said:

A better cycle?! I don't know about anyone else, but I find I've usually had enough by the fourth or fifth full rotation. I've never been on an Enterprise and thought "Damn that was great, but it could have been a bit longer..."

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
STC said:
A better cycle?! I don't know about anyone else, but I find I've usually had enough by the fourth or fifth full rotation. I've never been on an Enterprise and thought "Damn that was great, but it could have been a bit longer..."

That's because you've not been on a good one ;)

It's like going on Blade and then going on a REAL pirate ship :)

Drayton and Blackpool used to run theirs like the fairs in Germany run them. Faster rotation and longer vertical. Superb rides when being run properly. Alton's always feels really slow and it's rare it ever does more than two vertical loops (late in the season they tend to leave it up longer).

marc

CF Legend
Alton did run theirs on a longer cycle back in the 80's. It was actually the 1st one I ever done and I loved it.