What's new

AT, ERT 2010

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Not sure if this is really news or not but worth a read anyways,

January 23rd 2010 : 2010 Early Ride Time: Line Up Announced!

Early Ride Time is available from 9:00am until 10:00am every day between 20th March and 15th October 2010 for Hotel Guests, Alton Towers/Merlin Annual Pass Holders and those who choose to advance book a theme park ticket through the official Alton Towers Website.

The 2010 line-up represents a change on recent years, with rides located in many areas of the park available as follows:

•Oblivion
•Nemesis (new for ERT 2010)
•Marauder's Mayhem
•Heave Ho!
•Runaway Mine Train
•Hex (new for ERT 2010)
•Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE

Rita, Enterprise, Battle Galleons and Duel appear not to be available for ERT in 2010 which means that overall, there are infact less attractions open early than in 2009 - but the return of Nemesis will be most welcome by fans of the park!

Posted by AstroDan

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/news/s...ion=showfull&id=1264289280&archive=&template=

my two cents are that of a bit weird that its a smaller line up since he previous season but could be due to cutting costs a little and save as it were or just they thought a change was needed who knows lol

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Hmmmm, wonder if you could use the hotel path to get in rather than the main entrance...

Nemesis ERT whorage would be awesome...

I do understand why there's no Rita though, what with Thirteen next door, but removing Enterprise and Battle Galleons? Meh...

As Ben said though, the rides aren't exactly close to each other... Hell I swear Spinball used to be open for ERT as well...

nealbie

CF Legend
There'd be no point having access through the walk to/from the hotel. It's just as quick getting (if not quicker) going through the main entrance to Nemmie ;)

marc

CF Legend
I read this and one thing crossed my mind.

Yes it is good that Nemesis is added but by the time you walk from Nemesis to Oblivion there wont be much time for riding.

I would have though Spinball would have been open as well.

Does seem a strange line up with a lot of walking.

marc

CF Legend
I mean the walk from Nemesis to Oblivion :) It takes me longer than 10 mins to do that walk, I only have short legs lol.

But some rides are better than none.

Lofty

CF Legend
It kinda seems that they're trying to spread everyone who does the ERT out the park alot more then previous years.

I have never done this with my Annual Pass yet, I deffinetely think I'll give it a go the next time I go to the towers!

nealbie

CF Legend
marc said:
I mean the walk from Nemesis to Oblivion :) It takes me longer than 10 mins to do that walk, I only have short legs lol.

But some rides are better than none.

Yes I know you meant that. But why go on Oblivion during ERT when it has short queues all day :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ohh, just noticed that the 20th March will involve ERT...

So basically everyone, since Hex is open, get there for 9, and stand as close to Thirteen as you can ;)

Brookes

Giga Poster
Woo Nemesis back in the ERT that's great, will make it much easier now seeing as I head there first anyway. As for them being spread out I don't mind at all, when I do bother waking up early to get ERT I normally only stay at one ride and ride it through ERT, then go over to Nemesis for 10. It was good with Rita and Oblivion last year which are quite close, but I prefer Nemesis to be in there.

^And good idea yeah, there will just be a massive crowd of people filling that whole path up to Hex.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
So, instead of me spending 1 hour after the ERT on Nemesis and getting 10 rides in, I can spend 2 hours at Nemesis.

Though at the live, I won't be whoring the ERT as I want to ride with the group, but I see the logic in it :)

Brookes

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
Shame there's a massive long walk between the two rides. :p

Not that long really if you use shortcuts to get near the arch but not as far then walk straight over the grass to Oblivion.

A

Anonymous

Ben said:
Well, that's just annoying having them open random bits all over the auction :S

and I have to walk around the park with you a lot this season. FML.