What's new

Arend: Download page 2

Slash

Giga Poster
I know what your thinking "Slash, there isn't a BM Flyer in nolimits". Well, err yeah, your right but I thought I'd have a crack with the inverted coaster. OK so I'm guessing the heartline etc... But so far I think I'm doing well. So here it is Project Fly, officially under way.

Here is the pretzel loop that hits 4.1G at the base
newbmflyer4.png

Here is the initial drop (as you can guess this was inspired by Manta)
newbmflyer3.png

Here is the inline twist after the Pretzel
newbmflyer2.png

and the Fly to Lie and Lie to Fly
newbmflyer1.png

There is now more layout but I'll put that in on the next update, so what are your thoughts?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Fly to lie to lie to fly looks just like Air, only a mirror image (that's a good thing), I would have liked something before the pretzel, maybe a sweeping turn before it, so the total turn is 270 degrees, or something, but it looks good.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Make it thrilling.

Also, the theoretical heartline position on a B&M flyer is 0.8, same as the Vekoma Flying Dutchman. That would be 0.8 meters, or 2.62ft. out from the car.

Slash

Giga Poster
^im doing guesswork at the moment i may convert it to the flying dutchman for heartline but it seems about right.

And about the fly to lie, it was deliberately modelled off air.

:--D

oh and xpress it hits 4.1 in the pretzel an about the same in one of the turns and has good pacing.

It may not be the most unique layout but i thought id do my first flyer simple then make future ones with more artistic flair.

Deano

Mega Poster
Oooh i like it! It looks so smooth. The white actually looks quite nice on it, is it the final colour scheme?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I'm glad you put a fly to lie in the layout, I find it's one of the best parts of Air, and it's a shame no other B&M flyers have one.

It's looking good.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I cant tell particularly tell from the picture, but make sure there is enough space between some of the entrance and exit parts of the pretzel loop from the other bits of track, they seem quite close.

Slash

Giga Poster
^ It passes tunnel testing

and Arly, I think its the best element on Air so thats why I used it.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^That's good then. I just couldn't see from the angle the picture was taken from. This is looking very good, especially if you include some nice elements like the fly to lie.

Slash

Giga Poster
Update time:

Untitled.png

Ok so it doesn't show you much but if you look at it correctly it shows you more than you think.

Louis!

Mega Poster
Its looking really good. The only thing I dont like is the inline after the pretzel.

Great colours.

Slash

Giga Poster
^ The eagle was spray painted red :--D. I like the colour too much.

EDIT: Stop posting as I do Loefet, it happened in the Smileys thread as well. :lol:

Slash

Giga Poster
You posted seconds before me, but in the same minute so I keep having to edit my posts if im relating them to the one above LOL.

I may change the track colour but i cant do car textures...

The train looks silly but oh well :lol: its the fact that your looking at the invert train thinking "OUCH!" when you hit the base of the pretzel and it hits -4.2G