What's new

Are you a "hands in the air" person or a "holding on tight" person when riding?

Hands in the air or holding on tight?

• Total voters

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
If my arms are not up in the air for the entire ride, I am not fully enjoying the ride.

I realize that I’m now so used to the feeling of release that hands up give me that riding with arms down for me now feels like listening to good music muffled.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm pretty flexible with it all.

If I'm expecting a rougher / head-bashing ride, I'll hold on.
Some rides, I'll just have my hands down but be ready to brace myself.
Some rides I'll just have my hands in my lap.
Some will be hands in the air.

Really just depends on my mood, and slightly on the restraints.

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
Well if its has a lot of positives then you can guarantee I'm holding on tight... But if it's something like Iron Rattler or BB Thats a total blast then my hands are in the air like I just don't care! On almost all coasters its more "hands in the air" in the end though

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Only if the ride is bearable while hands up. If the ride's launch is too quick, or if it has too tight transition, then hands on my lap. But on the 1st ride in my life on any coaster, I tend to hold tight and judge if it's okay to hands up.

Christian

Hyper Poster
My case has already been said by many.

Rough rides with risk of headbanging = hold tight and brace

Smooth rides with no airtime = hands in lap without holding on

Rides with few distinct airtime moments = put hands up when the coaster traverses the airtime moment otherwise hands down

Rides with inversions and hangtime = hands in the air during inversion otherwise in lap

Rides filled with airtime = hands in the air the whole ride

Last edited:

pluk

Roller Poster
Of course there are exceptions by ride/restraint type, but in the spirit of the question being asked I'm hands in the air whenever there is an opportunity for them to be.

I'm a "hold onto my cheap fanny pack and hope the buckle doesn't fail and my belongings fly away" kinda gal.

Without the fanny pack it's hands up usually unless I know it'll be rough.