What's new

Are there good Togo’s outside of Japan?

Alex B

Mega Poster
I’ve never ridden a Togo so tell me what you think in the comments if there is a decent togo

Probably not anymore (in the states at least), but I thought Shockwave in KD was pretty good. As was stated in the rank the stand ups thread, airtime on a stand up is great. I feel like the Vegas coaster is the last one left in the US, please correct me if I’m wrong though.

So There are good togo's outside of Japan. The togo standup that used to be at Canada's wonderland was an absolutely fantastic ride and quite easily the best standup coaster i've ever ridden. While it's no longer in North America it's still operating at a park somewhere in Italy and I'd have to believe it's still a good ride. No idea on ones specifically in the states.

RIP: @Antinos beat me too it by seconds

Haven’t found one yet, to be honest. I’ve done KD’s former Shockwave and Freestyle at Cavallino Matto (formerly at Canada’s Wonderland) - both were pretty awful. Here’s hoping I have better luck with Togo in Japan itself next year.

Freestyle/Skyrider was fab, not rough at all and had some good flojector and G's in the helix. Clearly it's not world class but it's still a fun coaster.

Theres three more around outside Japan apeart from Freestyle and Big Apple Coaster but not many. I can't say I have ridden any of these 3 but the looping Wild Mice tend to get solid reviews.

Bledek Coaster at Suroboyo Carnival Night Market in Indonesia
togo1.jpg

Grand Canyon at Parc de la Vallée in France
Togo 2.jpg

Astro Comet at Maviland in Russia
Togo3.jpg