What's new

Are B&M Hypers the Best Airtime Machine?

Are B&M Hypers the Best Airtime Machine?

• Yes

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Re: Are B&M Hypers the Best Airtime Machine?

Ayy Lmao said:
owentaylor121 said:
^Taron? Valraven?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Did you just say a dive machine is better than a b&m hyper?
I didn't say it was better I said it looks better, out of Mako and Valraven, Valraven does look like the better ride, Mako doesn't scream wow, neither does Valraven but it has more of a wow factor than Mako.
Did you really just say Mako looks to be the best B&M hyper?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
The very thought of Mako being a better hyper than Shambhala is just laughable and preposterous though I think it will be well recieved by enthusiasts. I think it will be a close match with Nitro, if Im lucky enough to ride both I'll compare them. Nitro may have a longer layout but I hear it gives rattly as **** rides on the dreaded "train C".

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
gavin said:
Yes. You know what you're getting with B&M, which is sustained airtime on every hill. People talk about Intamin "airtime machines" but what are they? Bizarro, EGF, Skyrush (from what I've heard) and the mega lites. That's it. Arrow? Magnum and that's it. The whole "floater isn't airtime" argument is more tired than a $5 daytime hooker's pussy.
You forgot El Toro.
Also Arrow has Phantom's Revenge.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
owentaylor121 said:
Ayy Lmao said:
owentaylor121 said:
^Taron? Valraven?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Did you just say a dive machine is better than a b&m hyper?
I didn't say it was better I said it looks better, out of Mako and Valraven, Valraven does look like the better ride, Mako doesn't scream wow, neither does Valraven but it has more of a wow factor than Mako.
Did you really just say Mako looks to be the best B&M hyper?
Yes.
Most of the hills look to be under 69 ft (top kek), and will probably provide strong floater-mild ejector. The speed hill will most likely provide ejector similar to leviathan/shambhala, the hammer head turn (the turn after the first drop) looks heavenly, and since there are 9 airtime moments and 5 airtime hills there will be lateral airtime. Not to mention there will also be some good theming, cool coaster path interaction, cool lights, and some audio.
Although I do admit those overbank on the twister section don't look very comfortable.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
cjbrandy said:
The very thought of Mako being a better hyper than Shambhala is just laughable and preposterous though I think it will be well recieved by enthusiasts. I think it will be a close match with Nitro, if Im lucky enough to ride both I'll compare them. Nitro may have a longer layout but I hear it gives rattly as **** rides on the dreaded "train C".
Read my reply to Owen.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ayy Lmao said:
You forgot El Toro.

It's less "forgot" and more "didn't include" really since if we're comparing to B&M I think you've got to really only compare like-for-like, as in steel coasters. The Intamin plug 'n' play woodies do have amazing airtime though; you're right.

As for Phantom's Revenge, I wouldn't even call it an Arrow anymore since Morgan basically redid the whole thing, and even if you do count it as Arrow, that's still only two coasters out of everything they've done. I can't speak for Desperado, but based on what others have said it doesn't seem to offer much, and their other two hypers deliver next to nothing after the first drops.

So yeah, if you're looking at individual coasters, then obviously there are some that do airtime better than B&M hypers, but if you're looking at a whole steel coaster type, then I really don't think there's another that matches up since there are too many inconsistencies between individual coasters of the same type.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
gavin said:
Ayy Lmao said:
You forgot El Toro.

It's less "forgot" and more "didn't include" really since if we're comparing to B&M I think you've got to really only compare like-for-like, as in steel coasters. The Intamin plug 'n' play woodies do have amazing airtime though; you're right.

As for Phantom's Revenge, I wouldn't even call it an Arrow anymore since Morgan basically redid the whole thing, and even if you do count it as Arrow, that's still only two coasters out of everything they've done. I can't speak for Desperado, but based on what others have said it doesn't seem to offer much, and their other two hypers deliver next to nothing after the first drops.

So yeah, if you're looking at individual coasters, then obviously there are some that do airtime better than B&M hypers, but if you're looking at a whole steel coaster type, then I really don't think there's another that matches up since there are too many inconsistencies between individual coasters of the same type.
You make a fair point. Although in reality it depends on your preference. If you like violent ejector rides, go ride a intamin.
If you like tame floater rides go ride a B&M.

Darren B

Giga Poster
cjbrandy said:

C'mon, you're better than this post.

The thought that Mako could be better than Shambhala is quite real. Most B&M Hypers deliver a good, substantial amount of airtime so it's really down to a particular element that makes all the difference. I'd put Shambhala in the top tier of Hypers (that I've ridden) that essentially all deliver amazing sustained floater airtime. I'll include Giga's but they ultimately are more designed towards speed first, airtime second. So not a fair ranking.

Top tier;

Goliath SFOG
Shambhala
Intimidator
Nitro
Silver Star
Behemoth

Lower Tier;

Leviathan
Fury325
Diamondback
Apollo's Chariot
Raging Bull

Mako, bar a complete **** up, will make the top tier and will be just as good as Shambhala.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Re: Are B&M Hypers the Best Airtime Machine?

Well seeing as how some of us think that Nitro has more moments of powerful airtime than Shambhala, I disagree with that completely. As for rattly....seriously?