What's new

April fools

Ollie

CF Legend
With today being April the 1st, did any of you pull any pranks/jokes? Or were you at the receiving end of one?

I'm pretty sure that new Youtube layout and way of viewing the videos with symbols and numbers is an April Fools.

And this definitely is:
http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/landing ... oranimals/

Didn't CF do anything? They've done something for at least the past few years on April Fools. Last year was the forums 'crashing' and the year before that was CF pretending to have made a deal with Merlin. How comes nothing this year or did I miss something?

kimahri

CF Legend
I had a Hard Gay set... that was about it except telling my friends they had aids and stuff. 4chan had a facebook connect thing that actually worked and the youtube layout isn't April Fools, I've had it for a while.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I kinda fell for a edited picture of Manta track pieces posted on Screamscape as BGA coaster track. :oops:

EDIT: Oh, and there's this.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've actually managed to avoid getting caught this year. I did look out for the BMW one in the paper again today and, as ever, it was genius! Don't know if the advert is online, but it's worth a look.

Also heard the one on the radio about Shakespeare being French.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The lack of an April Fools prank on CF this year is my fault. furie asked me to do something he thought up, but I refused as I didn't think it was worthy of previous years efforts.
Sorry everyone.

Jools

Giga Poster
No ones even tried one, nor have I doen on any, boring this year really, or should I say unhumiliating.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
What's with the anti-April fools negativity here.

I thing some of them are great. Only a little bit of fun for half a day, it's kinda nice =). Cept when they go too far...

My friend text me saying she's lost her passport and can't come home. We all laughed "oh Kate, what an obvious April Fools".. Well she's still not home, so errrr, yeah.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I didn't see the 3D street view. Where did they mention it?

Edit: Never mind. Just found it. :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
At work, I made out that the toilet wouldn't flush and showed the admin assistant for the building a lovely turd, piss and loo roll mixture.

I'll give her credit, she did laugh but told me I should really change my diet.

I saw a few people at work fall for the Sun's "taste the paper" one (where they said you could lick the paper to taste stuff). As far as I'm aware, I didn't fall for any.

marc

CF Legend
I said to someone we all have a meeting in the afternoon to talk about pay rises, he asked how I knew so I said we all got email but he said he never got one.

He started going into one and went and asked our manger, the manger said he had no idea what meeting or emails he was talking about.

I just sat there pissing myself laughing :)

Ollie

CF Legend
That one in the Sun sounds like it would of been quite amusing to watch people do. Although I don't get the paper so missed it.