Another Prototype on the Vekoma Test Site

iac17

Mega Poster
15a12eeb96a8fd53859765838cc1b541.png
surely the prototype it's not a full circuit
so maybe it's a new kind of boomerang

Lofty

CF Legend
Whatever it is, it looks like it has REALLY wide trains, based on the width of the track and the headlining at the bottom of the drop/ride on the left of most pics. This furthers me to think that it's more than likely a spinner, or could even be the water coaster.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Well it's definitely a kind of shuttle, as one of those track pieces has bent up ends to stop the rail from travelling any further.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Really want to see it as a spinner; the idea sounds really cool and I don't think a boomerang water coaster would work as well. A full circuit Vekoma water coaster has tonnes more potential tbh

Plus I really just want to legitimately say Spoomerang.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Maybe they've made it a shuttle because it's more compact for the Vekoma test site, and the version they build at theme parks may be full circuit?

Lofty

CF Legend
Look at the time they built just a lift hill (Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars if I remember correctly) as a prototype. I have a feeling that the 'drop' on this isn't one that's going to be used IRL, I think that's merely to just build momentum for the test.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, this is definitely a new-gen boomerang.
Not necessarily. They could just be doing this so the train definitely doesn't have fault at the end. I'm not saying that it definitely isn't one, but it's certainly NOT a definite that it's a shuttle. You know, unless you teleport on the train/car because up to now there's no ****ing loading area if this was a 'true' prototype test of a new boomerang.

MrRC

Mega Poster
Here some more pics :
3a74f519fba2f886358451d1a58e362f.jpg

d6edf141c37cc2a690974fab917190fe.png

Still no train and no lift motor on the test site.

I have my NL2 model updated :
Old version :
dbca7f7ba113240584a3e231aa639788.jpg

New version :
aa641a8fd9e4bba6add0701bdd70dd54.jpg

9de6e5b614fe776bb69ff4a6279f2c42.jpg

Last edited:

MrRC

Mega Poster
Today Feb 3rd still no winch motor and no train on the track or at the site. (no pictures)
Same on 5 Feb
Same on 8 Feb

Last edited:

MrRC

Mega Poster
Did a couple visits, they still working on electrical mostly lifthill, like sensors and wiring.

MrRC

Mega Poster
Latest picture from today (Feb 27), they still working on the electrical things like wiring and sensors.

c25aa97c136f0545510848f8e6320865.jpg

Reactions: JSM