What's new

Another "fat person denied ride" story <3

Oh lawd. Puts me back in my Guest Service days at Cedar Point. :p

I wonder what goes through these people's minds when they have the audacity to complain. Like........it's not the same as say, a shop not having a ramp for wheelchair access or whatever. Literally, you made yourself SO fat that you can't get on a ride, which I think give more than enough leeway for people of different sizes. It would be like me complaining that a restaurant didn't serve any kind of food that I liked. Like.......it's my fault I don't like it, so how the hell can I complain?

Re: Another "fat person denied ride" story <3

Equality or some other bs?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Dear god, some people just annoy me. I mean really, sue the park? But it's your fault! It's like suing because you refused to take your flipflops off before riding. God.

Gangster4Life said:
If I was the park, I'd give her a lifetime supply of slim fast or vouchers for liposuction. :lol:

Nah, get her a treadmill.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Or just give her a free bungee jump and see what happens.
80595053.jpg

Im sorry I just couldn't help it.

Hahahaha, this whole thing is amazing! The free ticket. The fast pass. The rabbit! That last couple of sentences was comedy gold! lmao!

This sort of thing is what probably caused the Skyrush restraint problems...they made them all weird an unconventional to avoid problems for bigger people...I say don't let 'em on. If they really want to ride, lose some weight.

No, they had to do it an abnormal way due to the train design, not just cause of the overweight enthusiasts. They were meant to work perfectly fine, but the running theory that has NEVER been confirmed (to my known knowledge) was that these were designed with thicker thigh people in mind, which includes a LARGE list of people that just aren't overweight dude/dudette

Intricks said:
No, they had to do it an abnormal way due to the train design, not just cause of the overweight enthusiasts. They were meant to work perfectly fine, but the running theory that has NEVER been confirmed (to my known knowledge) was that these were designed with thicker thigh people in mind, which includes a LARGE list of people that just aren't overweight dude/dudette

But they COULD have just placed it on your lap instead of down on your thigh...I see your point, though.
Four seat trains is a good thing for Intamin to get right, so I hope they can refine their designs to avoid future problems.

And that would have required the restaints to be placed higher or have another hydraulic system for the raising and lowering of the lap bar.

They could have gone with the newer drop tower restraints found on Lex Luthor Drop of Doom. Those are OBSCENELY open in comparison to what they have produced, but then they would require more padding due to laterals.

To be fair, I actually liked where the restraints sat on me on Skyrush, it was terrifyingly open and a feeling I feel just couldn't be achieved by regular, lap-sitting restraints, no matter how open they are, the effect came from having nothing restraining you on this coaster where every other coaster in the world does.

Oh for ****'s sake must every topic be turned into a Skyrush topic? We get it, you've all just been on Skyrush. Yes, it looks amazing.

Anyway, fat bird at Liseberg gets a toy and free ticket, not for Skyrush unfortunately. Continue.

I'm a fairly large person myself; was once nearly 290 lbs, down to 268 currently. I've had problems on rides before, but only once have I been denied a ride, and that was due to my friend sitting on my seat belt and not realizing it. The most embarrassing moment though was when once when I got on Thunderhead. It seemed that the belts were shorter in the front row than on the rest of the train. The belt wouldn't fit around me easily, and the ride op instructed me to lift my belly. People need to realize that if they are fat, they may not be able to do some things that most other people can do.

I think the limiting size of the restraints unintentionally serves a dual purpose. Heavier people tend to be unhealthy and have more heart problems. The ride could aggravate a heart condition and the person will return to the station no longer among the living. Denying them the ride could save their life and open up their eyes that they need to make a lifestyle change.

Luxornv said:
I'm a fairly large person myself; was once nearly 290 lbs, down to 268 currently. I've had problems on rides before, but only once have I been denied a ride, and that was due to my friend sitting on my seat belt and not realizing it. The most embarrassing moment though was when once when I got on Thunderhead. It seemed that the belts were shorter in the front row than on the rest of the train. The belt wouldn't fit around me easily, and the ride op instructed me to lift my belly. People need to realize that if they are fat, they may not be able to do some things that most other people can do.

I think the limiting size of the restraints unintentionally serves a dual purpose. Heavier people tend to be unhealthy and have more heart problems. The ride could aggravate a heart condition and the person will return to the station no longer among the living. Denying them the ride could save their life and open up their eyes that they need to make a lifestyle change.

Yea, no. Being denied a ride wont make some random fatty have an epiphany and lose weight. They will still make an excuse or shovel in more food before guzzling down that 90oz Diet Soda that is supposed to cancel out the 4k plus calories they just gorged upon

IntaminToWin said:
This sort of thing is what probably caused the Skyrush restraint problems...they made them all weird an unconventional to avoid problems for bigger people...I say don't let 'em on. If they really want to ride, lose some weight.

Totally agree. It is some motivation to lose some weight. The park owed her nothing. It is simply a safety regulation.

Work at a park. You'll see things that will amaze you.

People who cannot, by themselves, fit a seatbelt designed to go around TWO people. People who cannot fit their butt into an Arrow train with OTSRs. (I had a guest yesterday who was 7'2" and 350lbs who fit, but I've had people do the walk of shame from the same ride.) People who cannot ride a Ferris wheel because the (movable) lap bar prevents them from breathing.

...and they all blame the ride.