What's new

Another Cedar Point Opening Weekend

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It was back to Cedar Point for opening weekend. I'll try and keep the written portion short, but there are some things worth mentioning.

I guess the state was certifying rides until almost midnight on Friday night, so a lot of rides were constantly breaking and some rides weren't even opened. Cedar Creek Mine Ride never opened and Chaos didn't even have seats on it.

A small section of Mean Streak's track has been rebuilt, but there is only about 5 seconds of somewhat smooth track before jackhammering starts again.

Mantis rolled back sometime Sunday morning before the corkscrew.

Top Thrill Dragster's gold and red trains were nowhere to be seen. Mean Streak's green train was also missing. Maverick's dark gray train was also sitting on the transfer track all day Saturday.

Shoot the Rapids looks very nice. They repainted Snake River Falls to a brown color to match, so the area looks new but rustic. The park even did a good job on the fake rocks and waterfalls on the path side of the ride.

Enough talk, here's pics. I was trying to focus on close up shots and taking advantage of my 10x optical:

OpeningDay2010002.jpg

OpeningDay2010003.jpg

OpeningDay2010007.jpg

OpeningDay2010011.jpg

OpeningDay2010012.jpg

Interesting water dummy:
OpeningDay2010013.jpg

Some good expressions in the following four:
OpeningDay2010015.jpg

OpeningDay2010018.jpg

OpeningDay2010019.jpg

OpeningDay2010020.jpg

This turkey was verbally abusing PLCP:

OpeningDay2010022.jpg

Shoot the Rapids:
OpeningDay2010023.jpg

Snake River Falls:
OpeningDay2010024.jpg

New view of Millennium Force:
OpeningDay2010026.jpg

Where Demon Drop was:
OpeningDay2010032.jpg

One of the nicer pics I took because of how much is going on in the photo:
OpeningDay2010038.jpg

Night photos:
OpeningDay2010042.jpg

OpeningDay2010043.jpg

OpeningDay2010048.jpg

OpeningDay2010051.jpg

OpeningDay2010058.jpg

Another one of my friends decided to buy a season pass, so while we waited, I messed around taking photos and ended up with a lot of nice ones:

OpeningDay2010070.jpg

OpeningDay2010071.jpg

OpeningDay2010077.jpg

OpeningDay2010081.jpg

That's all. Enjoy!

SINCE WHEN WAS DEMON DROP GONE AND HOW THE HELL WAS I NOT AWARE OF THIS? That midway will never look the same!

Anyway, nice report. Shoot the Rapids looks decently themed I guess, though I'm still not overly excited by it. I don't get why they would paint Snake River Falls when it's rumoured to be torn down in the near future..

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Honestly Taylor?!?!?!

Snake River Falls was repainted because it's right next to Shoot the Rapids. They don't want it looking ugly when they have a brand new ride right next to it.

Snoo

The Legend
The only reason SRF was rumor to be torn down was because some thought they would replace it with a newer version.. which we now know is pointless.

Snoo

The Legend
And you call yourself a CP fan? Of course, you DO think maXair is a good ride. For shame..

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ok, so what's the difference between Shoot the Rapids and Snake River Falls? That seems a bit pointless to me.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Some really nice photos Marc! Looking forward to Coastermania with the sexy beast!