What's new

Ankara, Turkey | Wonderland Eurasia | Theme Park

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Imagine a park where the on the day gate figure is more than the amount of people using Heathrow over a 2 day period (500k vs Heathrow's 213k daily).

Yeah, nice try Wonderland. Even 150k in 3 days would be stretch to believe...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
500 000 visitors per day, not bad. Magic Kingdom closes its doors at 50k.

Or to put it another way: If all of the park's 16 coasters had a respectable throughput of 2,000 pph, and were running for 12 hours, it still wouldn't give every visitor a ride on a coaster.

Or yet another way, the province of Ankara has a population of 5.4 million. Would almost a third of them go to the park in the same weekend?

Yeah, those numbers are probably off by an order of magnitude.

TilenB

Strata Poster
500 000 visitors per day, not bad. Magic Kingdom closes its doors at 50k.

Or to put it another way: If all of the park's 16 coasters had a respectable throughput of 2,000 pph, and were running for 12 hours, it still wouldn't give every visitor a ride on a coaster.

Or yet another way, the province of Ankara has a population of 5.4 million. Would almost a third of them go to the park in the same weekend?

Yeah, those numbers are probably off by an order of magnitude.
I mean, they do advertise as having 2117 attractions...

zazobo

Hyper Poster

Climb

Mega Poster
Also, I am CURIOUS at this
wonderlandeurasia023-314x209.jpg

A moderately small looking family coaster with some inversion thrown in. Bizarre.

Climb

Mega Poster
It’s the most compact looping roller coaster on the market. It’s commonly found at fairs across Europe as well as small amusement parks. The model name evades my memory at this point, unfortunately.
It's actually the first time I've seen something like that - didn't even know they were featured in fairs in Europe or small amusement parks so thank you for that information :)!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It’s the most compact looping roller coaster on the market. It’s commonly found at fairs across Europe as well as small amusement parks. The model name evades my memory at this point, unfortunately.
It's an Interpark Wild Wind. Here is a POV of Cobra at Freizeit-Land Geiselwind, another one of these coasters for reference:-
Video by Freizeitparkinfos.de.