What's new

American Eagle: Blue Side at SFGAm to run BACKWARDS

tribar

Mega Poster
The Blue Side of American Eagle will run backwards from August 8th to September 17th, to promote the coaster's 30th anniversery . There is currently no information about Iron Wolf's removal or what 2012 will bring to the park. This isn't the first time the park has run AE:B backwards. It also ran backward in 1991, 1996, and from 2002-2005

Snoo

The Legend
Hmm.. been waiting for a racer to go one backwards again. It's been missed. Now if only they would keep it.

D1993

Hyper Poster
cool! i dont know why they wouldnt keep it, i know lots of parks have changed racing coaster to forward only (racer, rebel yell, thunder run) but why not keep one backwards? that way you get both experiences.
hm actually thats just cedar fair who changed them all forwards.

tribar

Mega Poster
I think the reason they are not keeping it is because PTC trains arn't meant to travel backwards. It rips up the track or something and it is probably why Blue Side rougher than the Red Side

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Tom Rebbie (President of PTC) stated at NoCoasterCon, on more than one occasion, that his trains can be run forwards or backwards and that the parks decide if they want to do so.

Snoo

The Legend
rollermonkey said:
Tom Rebbie (President of PTC) stated at NoCoasterCon, on more than one occasion, that his trains can be run forwards or backwards and that the parks decide if they want to do so.

In this safety conscious society.. I doubt it.

Snoo

The Legend
I meant that parks wouldn't. I wouldn't doubt they are perfectly fine.. but as we saw with EVERY park turning their backwards trains forwards.. I doubt it will stay that way.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Of course not, the public clamors for AE to run backwards again, every time they turn them forwards. It's a cheap marketing gimmick. (IMHO)

CF is too chicken$#it to do the same.