What's new

AMAZING Rare News Coverage Of Big One Crash

Lain

Giga Poster
That was pretty cool. You have to laugh at Geoffrey Thompson schooling the noob at the end, though. :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Bloody hell, I remember that when it was first broadcast! :lol:

And how bad is that evacuation procedure? Shimmy along the track and hope you don't slip and fall to your death???

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I like the old CGI... didn't know they just used different sized rectangles to design coasters.

A

Anonymous

madhjsp said:
I like the old CGI... didn't know they just used different sized rectangles to design coasters.

Theres a PS2 game that uses that style for its track build. "RollerCoaster World"

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
The News reporters do my nut in.

''We've heard this ride has had problems before this crash''

They don't understand that the system will shut a ride down if it discovers fault.

AdamJ

Roller Poster
That's the first time I've ever seen that footage, very fascinating I must say, must've been scary though.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
furie said:
Bloody hell, I remember that when it was first broadcast! :lol:

And how bad is that evacuation procedure? Shimmy along the track and hope you don't slip and fall to your death???

I was thinking that. Not very safe really!

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
I think so, because there's another version to it where Geoffrey's riding it shot at the same time. That was either '94 or '95.

Gangster4Life

Mega Poster
I remember when this was broadcast :!: I couldn't actually go on it though as I were recovering from a serious neck op. My friend went on it. So what actually happened- did the train split in two or something :?:

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
There was some sort of glitch in the computerized operating system which prevented the second train from fully stopping and also the mid course breaks were not working properly. The second train hit the first train from behind at a few miles an hour. As far as I know the train was intact?

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Everything was intact it was basically just a shunt from the second train at 30mph into the first one.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
News Reporters have the research facilities & resources to acknowledge things like this yet the **** they say sounds worse than any chav queue jumper :p