What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lottie.

Mega Poster
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

The latest image updates from Towers just make me squeal with excitement. I am really looking forward to this ride. As for the Smiler logo appearing where the Fanta logo was, I'm glad that its gone and not surprised they've done this.

Martyn B said:
540769_10151510666636201_650900624_n.jpg

<3

^This is quite literally my favourite image of the Smiler so far <3

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

Wow. Alton Towers has outdone themselves this time.
Always unique rides, with great theming and advertising (unlike this god awful YOLO s**t with SF:MM) and this just looks wicked.
A 2014 trip to the UK is in order!

iblamefish

Roller Poster

I really love the way that AT really considers each new coaster (for better or worse (Th13teen)) rather than just plonking it down. Except for spinball whizzer of course.

For me, this is looking like a welcome alternative to Nemesis on the other side of the park.

scw55

Hyper Poster

And so far their only 'on top' 'upside-downy' coaster since Corkscrew passed away.

It's nice that the coasters are more balanced geographically now in the park.

(I always forget spinball exists).

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

iblamefish said:
I really love the way that AT really considers each new coaster (for better or worse (Th13teen)) rather than just plonking it down. Except for spinball whizzer of course.

Rita?

I'm interested in seeing what the trains are gunna be like. I hope they're nicer than the eurofighter trains. Those giant restraints are a burden.

iblamefish

Roller Poster

Crazycoaster said:
iblamefish said:

Rita?

Good point.

Kebab

Giga Poster

The Grape Wizard said:
I love how its apparently got 14 inversions and not one of them is a vertical loop!
Yet the public will say 'it has 14 loops!', then I come along and mind **** them by saying 'theres actually no loops on this coaster'. Pro. cool)

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

^ Then they give you that look that's all like "WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO US STRANGE LITTLE MAN" :p

Rollercoasters4Life

Roller Poster

Look what we have here:

15Inversions_zpscec2fde7.jpg

(Taken from: here with thanks to cactuselves)

Very interesting! :)

P.S It is originally in German and has been directly translated.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

^Well either it's a mistake made the translation or it really will have 15 inversions. One could quite possibly go in the MCBR, just before the second lift, or change an airtime hill into a barrel roll.

Rollercoasters4Life

Roller Poster

elephant58 said:
^Well either it's a mistake made the translation or it really will have 15 inversions. One could quite possibly go in the MCBR, just before the second lift, or change an airtime hill into a barrel roll.

Translation can't be wrong. Its the number written like this '15' and not in text. 15 translates as 15 in English & German.

TowersStreet said there is a mug with 14 loops on it maybe standing for 14 inversions. Here is said mug:

486597_458493954221054_1559933828_n.jpg

(Credit: TowersStreet & Jordan)

13 loops that you can see. Surely if there is one more at the top out of view to make 14 then there could be room for another at the bottom?

marc

CF Legend

There's one on the bottom you can just about see it on the handle and there could even be one in side the mug.

Smithy

Strata Poster

There's room for 15 there, 11 on show, the tips of 2 more just popping in and then one dead on top and bottom.

Translation is better evidence than a mug we can't see though.

15. Wow. Go back 12 months and if you were told there'd be a 15 inversion ride at Towers, let alone in that space, you'd be laughed off the site. Probably.

marc

CF Legend

Mushroom told us lol.

Thought I would get that in before he reminds us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.