What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

****, they're doing what they're supposed to do. Fancy that. ;)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

It'll start hotting up soon enough once the park has closed. Until then MUUUUUUUUUUUD! <3

the king

Mega Poster

Something I found on coastersandmore.de on SW7. I'm not sure if it may be true, but it is interesting. Well the Liftsystemen part.

And also the "hardware" for the roller coaster project secret weapon 7 in the English Alton Towers theme park is provided by the Swabians. The large roller coaster 2013 planned to start of the season will be built on the site of the former Black coasters black hole, and overcome almost 25 meters within the sloping topography. The roughly 1000 metre-long roller coaster will offer a large number of inversions and be powered by two Liftsystemen, including a vertical lift, with the necessary energy.

Translated through bing translate. Taken from the Gerstlauer section.
http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/ach ... 2012.shtml

Lofty

CF Legend

Hmm, the believability of that is very low in my opinion. She sheer noise of that technology is stupid, I've managed to actually see it first hand at an Air Show, it's deafening, Alton would NEVER get way with that.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Lofty said:
Hmm, the believability of that is very low in my opinion. She sheer noise of that technology is stupid, I've managed to actually see it first hand at an Air Show, it's deafening, Alton would NEVER get way with that.
I think this is a translation issue. There is NO WAY Alton are installing a jet turbine for power. I mean... urgh... I can't even be bothered...

the king

Mega Poster

I can see that the wrong type of liftsystemen is being thought of. When I searched up Liftsystemen, some pictures came up of some type of scissor lift things(with a few of jet engine pictures as well). Some for cars and other uses. Here's a picture to show one of the images shown.

92_1_koks-ibak-liftsysteem.jpg

But this got me thinking, as I remember seeing on a photo tour of Mistery mine, that the transfer track was a giant scissor lift.

862332.jpg

Image taken by coasterbuzz.http://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/ForumPhot ... 2?p=862332

Maybe the world's first has to do with this scissor lift mechanism. But as always, time will tell.

Dar

Hyper Poster

And also the "hardware" for the roller coaster project Secret Weapon 7 in English Alton Towers theme park is supplied by the Swabians. The start of the season 2013 planned major roller coaster will be built on the former site Schwarzkopf Coasters Black Hole, with almost 25 meters to be overcome within the sloping topography. The 1000 meter long roller coaster will muster a variety of inversions and two lift systems, including a vertical lift, supplied with the necessary energy. Perhaps the SW 7 even crack the current inversion record of ten overs.

And that's what google translate provides. I think it's just been lost in translation and doesn't really tell us anything new.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Indeed. In German, nouns have a capital first letter for some reason. It's possible that Google Translate took "Liftsystemen" for being a name and didn't translate it.

Lofty

CF Legend

Martyn B said:
You need to stop being bored...
Touché to that.

And that's what google translate provides. I think it's just been lost in translation and doesn't really tell us anything new.[/quote]
Yeah, I can see that happening, some form of LIM/LSM for the first lift hill, the second, a chain lift, easily.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Surely they got to get marketing this to the public by now (actors, viral videos etc...). By now last year I was all hyped for The Swarm but this is just not doing it for me. Maybe scarefest I guess. And please none of the WORLD ULTIMATE nonsense aswell.

the king

Mega Poster

The big posters around the park advertise it alot to the public. But I do agree that actors should be used to help promote it more. Though that will most likely happen on scarefest. Also, towersstreet have posted on their facebook page that concrete and steel beams have arrived on site. Now things should start kicking off.

Lofty

CF Legend

They won't want to promote it too much before Scarefest, it'll, possibly, send people away from the park until the next coaster, yes, Scarefest has its traits, but people might think, "Yeah, I'll wait for a few months and come back when the new ride is open". I think that after and possibly, during Scarefest is when we will see sme proper promotion and maybe a press release of some kind.

Ethan

Strata Poster

insanecoastervids said:
Does anybody think it might be floorless I do

Urgh. No. You have no reason to think it might be... nobody does.

Status
Not open for further replies.