What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0M

Hyper Poster
I look forward to this. I would suspect it will be steel and certainly not wood, and it's already been stated that it will be a white knuckle ride. It has been in the planning stages for many months now and I would suspect its budget would be around £20 million. As people have said, budgets can be misleading, particularly as landscape preparation and care of surrounding elements is a big issue at Alton.

I must say, I am pleased to see Merlin are hiking their ride budgets in line with their hikes of admission, food and parking prices.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Could this be part of the "water coaster" they vaguely may or may not have had planned to replace the Flume?

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
^Definatly possible. I think a water coaster would be awesome. I also have high hopes that they wil just blow us out of the water with something brand new.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'm actually a bit excited about this.... dont know why though. I've just got this feeling that its going to be a kick ass white knuckle coaster.

I'm not going to sit here and guess everything about it, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see the removal of the Flume at the end of the year.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
msep003 said:
Alton Towers should get a Woodie from GCI !!! Or GG with the new Timberliners !!!

Absolutely! That would be a brilliant world's first!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Enigma Shadow said:
2013...hmm, that seems like the perfect time for another kiddy coaster with a "You'll never guess what's gonna happen!" element!

They did say at the Th13teen evening though that this coaster would DEFINATELY have a 1.4 metre height restriction. Use that information as you wish.

Glad it's 2013 and not 2014, don't know if that's a saftey net approach incase planning permission screws them around so they can then go for a 2014.

I'm more excited about the comment regarding the park opening over Christmas for the first time? Interesting...

Mr. X

Roller Poster
How about the World's first looping woodie that isn't bad enough that the loop needs to be removed? However, I'm actually leaning towards B&M 4th dimension even with Thorpe getting their Wing Rider.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
bezzzzzer said:
Enigma Shadow said:
2013...hmm, that seems like the perfect time for another kiddy coaster with a "You'll never guess what's gonna happen!" element!

They did say at the Th13teen evening though that this coaster would DEFINATELY have a 1.4 metre height restriction. Use that information as you wish.

Yeah, but they also still insist that Th13teen is, and I quote, "the ultimate theme park thrill ride - every ride you've ever dreamed of in one". And let us not forget the claims prior to opening that people may need to sign medical forms and see a doctor after riding!

I dunno about you, but that doesn't sound like appropiate marketing for a kiddy coaster.

Nic

Strata Poster
Danzibarr said:
I hope they plonk something in that whopping great valley!
The world's largest butterfly coaster? Themed to a zombie apocalypse and marketed as having an 18+ age limit?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Wooden zero g roll that is fully enclosed so the surrounding people can't bitch about noise? That would be hell. They could just pull a Six Flags and call it a 6 D coaster.

Nic

Strata Poster
divvie_dave said:
Anyways, this is all irrelevant as we will all be dead next year.
Oh, ****, yeah! Why didn't I think of that?!

That's it then, no need to read this topic anymore! Hurrah! ;)

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
^ Maybe if they hurry up with construction and get it done before Christmas next year, you might get your zombie apocalypse coaster!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Enigma Shadow said:
Yeah, but they also still insist that Th13teen is, and I quote, "the ultimate theme park thrill ride - every ride you've ever dreamed of in one". And let us not forget the claims prior to opening that people may need to sign medical forms and see a doctor after riding!

I dunno about you, but that doesn't sound like appropiate marketing for a kiddy coaster.

But that is all opinion isn't it really? It is a fact that it shall have a 1.4m height restriction (unless they were down right lying), so, I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure this will have a bigger thrill then Th13teen.

The question is, where? Will something have to part to make space for this? I know 2013 is pretty far away, but when you think of LC12, we could know quite a lot about this ride in under a year. Exciting I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.