What's new

Alton Towers PTR - Last Day of Season 07/11/09

Brookes

Giga Poster
Yesterday me, my mate and cousin took our last trip to Towers yesterday and what a fantastic day it was! Got some pictures but were taken with phone so not that good. Anyway, we got there at about 10 past 10 to see it was pretty much empty at the entrance and walked in where my new annual pass finally worked at the turnstiles, third time lucky!

First we headed off to Nemesis as usual, we got a back row first and it wasn't really warmed up but was still pretty forceful. Went around again, back row taken so went to second row, much more forceful, my eyes were watering, and it was definitely warming up now.

Photo-0077.jpg

Photo-0081.jpg

Finally we got a front row and it was fantastic, one of my best rides on Nemesis really great. There was no queue at all for all three rides. So hard to get this shot with the stupid delay on my phone camera.

Photo-0082.jpg

Next up was Air as we hadn't done it for a while, this was walk on aswell. Back was taken and front row was quite big so we went for second row. Pretty enjoyable as normal.

Photo-0086.jpg

After it was time for a quick walk on Blade, there was just us on the back and one little girl on her own on the other back row. We always have fun on Blade, good as usual.

We then walked down to RMT and got 3 circuits with crazy choo choo lady - more on her later. We got back row I think as usual and was really good. We saw Sanbrooke while on it aswell - he had a photo with choo choo lady before he got on and we were on the train after. He was hanging around the path near where RMT goes over so we were just shouting abuse at him while we were going around haha.

All the water in the rapids was still in there but was all just at the bottom. It looked weird how the water in the rapids was calm and not like normal.

I think we walked over to Spinball after and we queued about 20 minutes.

Photo-0070.jpg

It was really enjoyable as usual but a bit bumpy in places.

Photo-0069.jpg

Photo-0072.jpg

Next up was Oblivion which we queued about 5-10 minutes for. We got front row I think but the mist was so strong and it was a freezing day, so when you went in the hole it wasn't enjoyable, way too cold and you got soaked. I couldn't enjoy it because it was so cold, didn't know what other people felt about it who went yesterday, but it was horrible I thought.

Photo-0073.jpg

By now we were getting hungry so walked up to Ugland and got a ride on Rita before dinner. Queued about 20 minutes and got some good views of SW6.

Photo-0087.jpg

It was my 50th ever ride on Rita and it was performing really well got some great airtime in several places especially the bit over to the brake run, was running really quick. Also got a picture of a man working on lift hill of SW6: (which is looking great by the way)

Photo-0075.jpg

Seeing as all the Burger Kings etc. were closed we got some pie and mash from Ug Land. We always said we would have it some day so we thought we might aswell have it today. It's weird how they put it in a cardboard box, but I thought it was quite nice, even if my cousin didn't like his. Was alright value with AP discount.

After I think we went back down to give Oblivion another chance. Went get a drink first from the Oblivion shop, AP discount again. :) It was walk on and we were going be put on the back row but this ride-op who my cousin knows put us on the front. Again the drop was enjoyable until the hole, absolutely freezing and soaking urgh.

Now we wanted go back over to Nemesis seeing as it was walk on, so we decided to take a route through the gardens, instead of going the normal shortcut. We found some random stuff like some tunnels and a random bench:

Photo-0076.jpg

Got to Nemesis it was walk on so we took three more rides two back rows and one front I think.

Photo-0085.jpg

Photo-0083.jpg

Absolutely fantastic, I love it. The force was just amazing. Here's to the hat and the dead bird that have been on the track all year:

Photo-0078.jpg

Blade again after, we got on the back again and we were standing up at the top as we always do and the ride op on the speaker: "Please do not stand up on the ride." Haha, I think the Blade ride ops are used to people always doing it as we always do.

Down to RMT again three circuits again aswell with choo choo lady on the microphone, she said to come back for the last ride and we did, one of the best ever moments at Towers, more on that later. It was some guys birthday on the train and she had everyone singing happy birthday to him haha.

We had about an hour left now so after getting some donuts, went over to Rita which was walk on and got another ride which was great.

Photo-0088.jpg

We went round again for another ride and we were in the seats ready to go the lights went out we were on the catapult and... it broke down because of somebodys phone. We sat there for about 10 minutes until the ride ops decided to let us out and said it was broke.

I went and bought my Rita picture from earlier on my 50th ride, as I never got one before and seeing as it's probably going be rethemed I wanted one.

We had about 5 minutes to get to RMT before 4 and somehow we did. We got there at about a couple of minutes to 4 and waited a bit while people went in to make sure we got last train. Just after 4 we walked through the queue and this is what the station looked like for the last train at the start, I took the photo, my mate in the middle, cousin at back:

Photo-0089.jpg

People carried on coming in though at like 5 past 4 and it was nearly a full train for the last ride of the season and choo choo lady gave us all a speech, dressed up in a Santa outfit, about how we make her job exciting and we won't see you at Christmas so she dressed up as Santa for it and sang Christmas songs. I was at the front on my own, we went around 4 times with her singing Rocking around the Runaway Train, Merry Christmas and all her other random sayings.

Photo-0025-1.jpg

She then stopped it after 4 circuits and announced she was coming to ride the Santa express with us. So she came down and was choosing a seat to ride in, and sat by my cousin at the back! We then had another 4 circuits from another ride op with choo choo lady riding! It was a brilliant end with the whole train singing and screaming all the way round with choo choos etc.

It was one of the most unique days at Towers and one of the best visits this year, especially the best end. It was a brilliant end to a brilliant season at Towers, 16 visits for me in total, can't wait until next year!

Ride count:

Nemesis x6 (2 Front rows)
Oblivion x2 (2 Front rows)
Rita x2
Air x1
Spinball x1
RMT (3 circuits) x2
RMT (8 circuits) x1
Blade x2

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
One of, it not the best day at Alton this year.

Rides were running good, apart from Oblivion. Stupid Rita breakdown nearly made us miss RMT at the end.

RMT at the end was brilliant! When the crazy choo choo lady sat by me, she just kept singing to me :lol: I told her she was legend.

Roll on 2010.

Rach

Giga Poster
You probably walked past me, Vadge and Gavin at some point yesterday seeing as we made the trip there as well.

I can't be bothered with a full report for this trip, so I'll just steal this topic (hope you don't mind) .

We had the privilege of using Vadge's disability wristbands to skip what queues there were. We done Nemesis first after a short delay, followed by Err where I randomly bumped into my cousin while waiting to be dispatched for the station. Then back to Nemesis again for another back row eye watering ride.

Walked back over to RMT where we got on the front 2 carriages. Front row RMT <3. Cho Cho Lady was hilarious yesterday and really enthusiastic. 'Rockin' around the Runaway Train...'
3 laps of that and Gavin narrowly avoided being thrown up on. Yes on RMT!

Not wanting to walk over to Oblivion to walk back to Pizza and Pasta, we went for lunch. Well worth the £6.36! Lots of pizza and pasta later, it was Rita time where we got on instantly on the back row.
Spent that ride being major goons looking at SW6 (<3) before looking around the shop and heading to Oblivion.

I agree with you Brookes, being on the front of Oblivion as it went down the drop was incredibly cold. Took your breath away. Was fantastic as always though.
Not wanting to be complete whores, we faffed in the arcade and shop before going back on again via the exit. Another fab but cold ride.

Another go on Rita was required, yet again cutting the small queue. Spent this ride enjoying the ride before hitting the breaks and gooning over SW6 again.
Rita then broke as we got off. But we wanted to be real goons with SW6, so spent 10 minutes stood in Rita's queue looking at it and discussing it.
Took some photos of Rita/Ugly Land and headed for Spinball.

Used the exit for it and got a fairly decent spin on it! Weight balance was crucial and it actually felt much faster than usual.
Not wanting to walk back over to Nemesis we called it a day and spent a while looking round Towers Trading before heading home.

Had a fab, chilled out day. Whoring could've happened easily, but none of us really felt like it.
Few photos here if anyone is interested:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 990b4d1835

Sorry for stealing your topic Brookes/Grape Wizard. Little point making another topic.

Brookes

Giga Poster
^Yeah I think we might have in the Oblivion exit but wasn't sure. :p

Choo choo lady was just brilliant especially at the end in her Santa outfit.

Rita broke at least twice in the day then, lets hope if it does have a re-theme they'll decide to stop it breaking so much aswell.

And yeah there's no point in making a new topic for the same day.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Choo choo lady is such a legend<3 . She was one of the highlights of my trip back in June and she gave us extra circuits too :D .

Anyways great PTR. I love the pictures of Nemesis and can't wait to see SW6 in person. Hopefully I get another trip in to Alton next year.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Me, Neal, AeRo, JJ & Ewan were all there too, might have seen us in 3d glasses on Oblivion, Nemesis or Spinball at some point :p

It was a fantastic day, I agree.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Choo Choo lady <3

I heard her singing Happy Birthday a couple of rides after we'd been on, she certainly gave us something to remember the day by!

I'll get my video of the day up soon :)