What's new

Alton Towers New Flat Ride?

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Looks like we have confirmation that Towers are planning to get a permanent new flat ride for the forbidden valley area! Not sure if it'll be ready for opening date (I'm not sure how long it usually takes for flat rides to be installed and ready to go) but it's great to see nonetheless.

Although not 100% confirmed, it's looking likely that it could be a similar ride type to Ripsaw.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Ripsaw Reborn lol

I do welcome this, but I really hope Alton takes some notes from Talocan, it's so popular on social media, and with the right effects will be filmed alot by onlookers. I was joking about a Ripsaw Reborn, but that kind of approach could work pretty well here.

Would love a big structure incasing the ride, in the style of the new Nemesis

spicy

Giga Poster
Looks like we have confirmation that Towers are planning to get a permanent new flat ride for the forbidden valley area! Not sure if it'll be ready for opening date (I'm not sure how long it usually takes for flat rides to be installed and ready to go) but it's great to see nonetheless.

Although not 100% confirmed, it's looking likely that it could be a similar ride type to Ripsaw.

I wont be watching that video, I don't want to disrespect the artist. When the artist is ready to reveal his work he will do so. 😂

This is great news and I am really glad they are putting in a new flat ride in that area, I will definately take a Ripsaw Reborn! FV will be back to its best this year.

Swat

Hyper Poster

As of last week the area is just a giant concrete slab used for storage for the new cafe work next door.

Having a visually appealing ride like the old Ripsaw or the already mentioned Talocan next to the new cafe will gather big crowds of on lookers!

melchi

Roller Poster
Reading the planning document it makes it sound like a substantial concrete structure will be installed that the ride will sit on. This structure will contain plant equipment and a tunnel to allow guests to move around forbidden valley.

To me that sounds like they are building the floor of the entire area up to the level of the coffee lounge that includes a tunnel that will replace the existing path that ran in front of ripsaw.

This gives them a much larger area to install a ride and queue line.

Bowser

Mega Poster
Is this likely to open in 2024? I don't know the location very well but sounds like a lot of work in a public area?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Read the description on that planning permission properly, and put me out of my misery, tell me I'm reading it wrong...

"The proposal is for the removal of the existing Funk n Fly ride and to replace it with an attraction that sits atop a concrete structure that has an approximate overall height of 18m. The structure will house plant and storage on either side of an access tunnel that will maintain guest access within the Forbidden Valley area. Theming features will be situated to either side of the structure with queue line wrapping to the South and South-East."

Sounds to me, if I'm reading it right, that whatever this is will have a footprint so big that it will encroach onto the current pathway, thus requiring the structure for a tunnel to pass underneath the ride, replacing the pathway.

melchi

Roller Poster
Read the description on that planning permission properly, and put me out of my misery, tell me I'm reading it wrong...

"The proposal is for the removal of the existing Funk n Fly ride and to replace it with an attraction that sits atop a concrete structure that has an approximate overall height of 18m. The structure will house plant and storage on either side of an access tunnel that will maintain guest access within the Forbidden Valley area. Theming features will be situated to either side of the structure with queue line wrapping to the South and South-East."

Sounds to me, if I'm reading it right, that whatever this is will have a footprint so big that it will encroach onto the current pathway, thus requiring the structure for a tunnel to pass underneath the ride, replacing the pathway.
Thats exatcly how I read it and what I was suggesting in my post above.

jasone

Roller Poster
If the attraction is going on top of the concrete structure, which is going over the current pavement through, but the overall height of the structure plus attraction is 18m, doesn’t that mean that it’s unlikely to be a top spin? Ripsaws height was 18m from the current ground level? Or am I misunderstanding?

Unless they are digging down, bringing the level of the pavement down, then concrete structure on top which is now at the current ground level, and the top spin is 18m on top of that?

Anyway, it would be nice to see Ripsaw reborn, but id Also be intrigued to see a more unique flat in this area.

spicy

Giga Poster
^ The Huss floorless model is 13.2m in height so once on top of this concrete structure it could be 18m is the assumption being made in the video above.

I think the previous posts suggesting that they could be bringing the ground level with the coffee lounge with the existing path tunnelling underneath is what they are going to do.

Looking at this image (Taken from a certain TPW video) can see that makes complete sense that must be what is going to happen.

54fd1e00dd24102d718a4543e9701dd1.jpg

The question is why though? Awful lot of work when they could just easily replicate what was there previously..

Unless we are getting Talocan levels of theming?

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Surely it'll just be a Nebulaz, I mean everybody is buying Nebulai (or whatever the plural would be) - mild thrill, very good to look at, not too difficult to install I would imagine?

;)

(I have no evidence it will be a Nebulaz)
They’ll be going over in X Sector on Submission and enterprise’s old spots… ;)

(Yes they, as in 2 of them.)

IMG_2501.jpeg

How cool would that look? 👌 😎

melchi

Roller Poster
Thats fine great just glad others saw what I was seeing.

Looks like the offical plans have been submitted and we were both correct.

spicy

Giga Poster
I think they have decided to position it like this is as on the floorless model riders sit back to back so they didn’t want one row just facing the woodland behind.

Potentially most riders would want to face out towards the park rather than look at trees.

By positioning it like this all riders get the ‘park view’ and can also be seen by family and friends offride?

Assuming it is a top spin might be something entirely different..

FogZog

Mega Poster
So I take it this will be a 2025 addition? Considering the amount of work. If so I doubt they will start any construction until the seasons finished because why would they want their new area to be a construction site in its opening year....