What's new

Alton Towers New Flat Ride?

Pierre

Strata Poster
Wouldn’t go as far as suggesting an immediate new flat ride from that news. They probably think the re-opening of Duel as Curse of Alton Manor, the eventual reopening of Hex and the reopening of Sub-Terra is enough to saturate the crowds. We have of course got Project Horizon too…

I have visited Alton Towers every year for the past four years and not once felt the need to queue for one of these rides - they are for the fairground and not the reason I do 5 hour round trips to the park so they won’t be missed by me!

I don’t know how to embed Facebook posts here but there is the link from AT confirming. As someone commented, the marketing has been the only good thing about this debacle.

https://fb.watch/nLV1Gw6SMc/

Bowser

Mega Poster
Te
I don’t know how to embed Facebook posts here but there is the link from AT confirming. As someone commented, the marketing has been the only good thing about this debacle.

The relentless abuse in those comments 😂

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
For me I don't really care what the replacememts might be as I love flat rides, but all I want is some variance in manufacturer. Mix of HUSS/KMG/Mondial, perhaps?

But I just know that 'leave all 3 plots empty mate' is on the cards for this park. Because they've done it before. And they'll do it again.

Disastrous past few years for flat rides. This is the park where unique things are supposed to happen. Bring on a polyp and a top spin, maybe a Sky Racer for some interactivity (those will be unique to the UK for as long as Hurtling Hippos is closed). That's more like it.

Swat

Hyper Poster
They have submitted planning for work on the Edge arcade and ripsaw cafe extensions for next year but nothing regarding flat rides. (If the need to submit planning that is)

There is nothing wrong with using funfair based flat rides as long as they’re themed in my opinion. Can’t remember the name of it but it was in sub terras location and Ug land before but it was straight from the fair but themed into the areas.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
There is nothing wrong with using funfair based flat rides as long as they’re themed in my opinion. Can’t remember the name of it but it was in sub terras location and Ug land before but it was straight from the fair but themed into the areas.
Dynamo?

Sandman

Giga Poster
The glaring option in my opinion is a big, new dark ride. Said it before but something along the lines of Symbolica would fit AT like a glove.

Perfect for families, great for the unpredictable weather, capacity wouldn't be much of an issue.

It'd be a fab opportunity to hone in on the essence of AT through storytelling, great effects and theming. Like Hex, but for the new generation. Plus, I think AT need a few more rides with a reasonable duration.

JoshC.

Strata Poster

Why would they want to construct a new shop there?

NemesIIs.

Increased footfall in the area. Nemesis doesn't have a shop you exit through. Want to make money from it.

It's also worth mentioning that whilst it was never advertised as a RetroSquad member, the Twister flat ride in Walliams World is also a hired travelling flat ride. If the RetroSquad are going, presumably that will be too. So that means 4 rides going, not 3.

Pierre

Strata Poster
NemesIIs.

Increased footfall in the area. Nemesis doesn't have a shop you exit through. Want to make money from it.

It's also worth mentioning that whilst it was never advertised as a RetroSquad member, the Twister flat ride in Walliams World is also a hired travelling flat ride. If the RetroSquad are going, presumably that will be too. So that means 4 rides going, not 3.
I see your point… but the animation on the Alton Towers video showed three rides leaving so maybe that’s staying.

Jared

Hyper Poster
A while back I’d heard talks of 4 new flat rides for Towers. 2 from Intamin and 2 from Mondial. I heard these were cancelled to allow for the refurb of Duel into Curse at Alton Manor. Maybe these plans have been resurrected under Scott as CEO as he seems very keen to invest into the parks for the long term. Flat rides are definitely needed to help improve capacity and to take the pressure off of the coasters.

spicy

Giga Poster
A while back I’d heard talks of 4 new flat rides for Towers. 2 from Intamin and 2 from Mondial. I heard these were cancelled to allow for the refurb of Duel into Curse at Alton Manor. Maybe these plans have been resurrected under Scott as CEO as he seems very keen to invest into the parks for the long term. Flat rides are definitely needed to help improve capacity and to take the pressure off of the coasters.

If this is the case i’m glad they are going for decent manufacturers rather than going cheap and using SBF like in CWoA.

I still think Ripsaw should never have been removed and just replaced with the suspended floorless version.

This would have been perfect

7cc1587e2da5f31c2a290c267ff7eab5.jpg

I still think Ripsaw should never have been removed and just replaced with the suspended floorless version.

This would have been perfect

7cc1587e2da5f31c2a290c267ff7eab5.jpg
I seriously think this could work very well. Maybe not Ripsaw name coming back, but I'd like Blade to get a Phalanx look over winter and Shrapnel to maybe become the name. So it all looks like Forbidden Valley is the codename for an unknown sector controlled by the Phalanx.

Long term, you would then retheme Galactica and tie it in with the Phalanx story as a spinoff. Look at bringing Air back, but as a suspended flying machine dedicated to taking people off earth in the event of a major Nemesis attack on the planet.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Idk if I'm overly pessimistic but I'd be surprised if they really did go with expensive flat manufacturers like Mondial or HUSS, given... well, retrosquad and CWOA getting their last 3 flats from SBF. But Alton in general seems to have really up and down spikes when it comes to how much they wanna invest given they're rebuilding Nemesis (Although granted, they probably couldn't build anything else there without blowing up even more ground underneath it so it's actually cheaper to just rebuild Nemesis than build a new coaster) but they also did stuff like Retrosquad or replacing flat rides with carnival games.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
If they’re gonna bring back ripsaw in any form the logical thing would be to go all out and get an ABC tourbillon. The marketability would be so good. A8147BF9-B6DA-4EB1-9B47-39567B7C314B.jpeg