What's new

Alton Towers' Galactica VR coaster/Rollercoaster Restaurant

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Re: Alton Towers submits planning permission

Pizza pasta, in context of theme park food, is good. Burger kitchen is average.

In the grand scheme of food, of course its all suite.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Don't even get me started on **** pizza pasta. As someone who doesn't eat pizza or pasta I **** hate going to Merlin parks these days. It's the only place anyone will ever eat any more! It's no better or worse than any of the other crappy Merlin food outlets. They're all awful. But at least they're better than Disneyland.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

If you don't eat either offering you can hardly judge it against the rest in offer...

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

I have eaten it before out of desperation. I'm intolerant to wheat so it's not gonna kill me but eating a bucket load of pasta makes me feel crap and sleepy. I've ended up going there a few times just because everyone is obsessed with it. Like it's Merlin fine dining or something

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Mysterious Sue said:
I have eaten it before out of desperation. I'm intolerant to wheat so it's not gonna kill me but eating a bucket load of pasta makes me feel crap and sleepy. I've ended up going there a few times just because everyone is obsessed with it. Like it's Merlin fine dining or something
I think the food's OK, but I think the main attraction is you get good portions for the money compared to other places. There's a sense the other food outlets are rip-offs so people are going to get their moneysworth at an all-you-can-eat outlet.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^ Until you realise that pizza (dough basically) and pasta are cheap as hell to dish out as well as being very filling, meaning people probably don't eat anywhere near as much as their greedy eyes tell them they're going to when they see "all-you-can-eat". The profit margins on those places will be just as high as other food outlets, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Anyway, back to Foodloop. Yeah, it's all about the novelty factor, but that's no excuse for the food to be so bad. People will pay for the novelty once, but unless the price and food are at least reasonable, they'll be back to stuffing their faces with s**t pizza rather than making repeat visits.

Al_Ten_10

Roller Poster

Has anything been said about the rumoured Cross Valleys wooden coaster? I would be nice to see something like that at Alton Towers!

Gangster4Life

Mega Poster

So what happens if you order soup, does that loop as well:?: I can just imagine a warm plate of soup dropping on someone, and a lawsuit. :evil:

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

Pokemaniac said:
"Foodloop"? You're excited for a restaurant? I mean... come on.

Let me Google that so I can see for myself how silly this is, and taunt you for being ridi...cu..l... ...

Foodloop! <3!
I didn't know what was Foodloop till this.

Holy mother of god what kind of magical place is this and where can I find it?!

Martyn B

CF Legend

According to Towers Times, Alton have submitted plans for some improvements to Air. Including a new photo kiosk, improvements to the rides station and some new themed features!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ isn't that where the food loop restaurant is going, or have I misread what's going on with that?

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ That's going in the Air Shop, where as this application is for the actual ride.

A new photo kiosk makes sense with the new restaurant taking over the current one. New themed features is what caught my eye, maybe they're finally going to have it fit in with the FV theme?

Ben

CF Legend

Meh, you can't polish a turd. Nor will this improve the worst thing B&M have ever done.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Ben is wrong. I really should write an article about Air and why it's so great.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Be great to see some theming added to Air, it's a nice ride but I rarely bother with it, maybe this new theming will add a few near miss elements.

Ben

CF Legend

Joey said:
Ben is wrong. I really should write an article about Air and why it's so great.

I'll write that article for you;

'It isn't'

Done!!