What's new

Alton Towers 17/4/14

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
PICTURES: http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/cjbrandy/library/

The Smiler
My family got in at 9 because we have merlin passes so I went straight to The Smiler. Since no one else wanted to ride with me I stood outside the single rider line until the ride opened at 10. I was the first person in the single rider line and by the time it opened there were only about 10 others. I got straight on the first train of the day and re rode it whilst most people had to wait up to 110 minutes to ride.

Ride Experience: Both of my rides were on the back row and on the right end seat. My first ride was pretty smooth with minimal headbanging. My second ride was MUCH more rattly and the exit of the cobra roll was the roughest part. Also it made some creepy rattling and creaking noises. Maybe I just got a bad train? The layout was a lot of fun and the dive loops and second airtime hill were the best parts.
8.5/10

Rita
My first launch coaster. It was a little rattly but still a fun ride. I can't wait to see how Stealth compares to it.
7/10

Thirteen
The first drop was fun because we were at the back but the rest of the coaster section was average. I think there were too much trims. The drop in the dark and backwards section were quite fun.
6/10

Nemesis
This was my first B&M coaster! It was sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than Infusion which is the only other inverted coaster I've been on. I **** loved the helix and loop. I had to choose between re riding this twice and riding air with dad and brother. I chose to re ride and I was very lucky to get the right side of the back row. The forces on the helix and exit of the loop were incredible! I think I may be shorter after riding back row. Also when I sat on the right edge I felt like I was coming dangerously close to the rocks and branches. I understand why its rated so highly by enthusiasts now and its easily my new favorite coaster.
10/10

Sonic Spinball
My parents let me have a quick ride on this as we were leaving and I'm glad I did it. It was great fun and better than I thought it would be.
7/10

We are going again in a few months so I will be able to ride Air and Oblivion which I missed this time. I went on a lot of other non coaster stuff like the flume and duel which were fun.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Congrats on your first Alton visit, no surprise to see Nemesis has taken your number 1 spot.
In regards to the pics, upload them to photobucket (or any other pic hosting site) an then link them in.

Pretty sure CK is referring to it being your first visit.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Have any of you been on Nemesis Sub terra? I've been wondering what it does as when I walked past it I heard hissing noises followed by screaming.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Yeah but only in opening season. I, unlike a fair few people on here, quite like it. It contains(ed) a LOT of screaming but it is pretty cool, I like the story and the suspense it builds.

Great report by the way :)

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Thanks for the feedback, Im glad you liked the report!:)

I heard sub terra was modified after its opening season because it got bad reviews as the story didn't make much sense.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
/\Ill definitely give it a try next time I go. I just read the Wikipedia article which describes the experience and it sounds like a lot of fun.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
I actually enjoy Sub Terra, it's nothing amazing, but its a good laugh if it doesn't have much of a queue. I'd advise you not to look up what it does as it will spoil the experience of the ride. It's one of those you have to try without knowing anything about it. All I will say is it's pretty neat, just don't expect it to be scary/as good as some of the other rides at the park.

Pierre

Strata Poster
ciallkennett said:
Aw, bless.

Dick.

Always nice hearing peoples first trips to the Towers. Sounds like a busy day though with low ride count and 110 minute queues!

You really need to Oblivion - I've saw a few of your posts and don't think you've rode many coasters yet - Oblivion is like no other its fantastic. I also would of chose to ride Air than re-ride Nemesis just to experience it, but like you say, you'll be back in a few months.

I think Nemesis: Sub Terra is **** ace - although I went on last month there's no water any more? Unless it just wasn't working that day.

Glad you had a good day!

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
/\ Thanks :) and your right that I should have rode Air rather than Nemesis again because I have a fairly low coaster count like you said and it looked like a lot of fun. I will definitely ride Oblivion first next time. It was open before the Smiler with a 0 minute queue but I wanted to keep my place in the single rider line.