What's new

Adventureland Iowa sold by family to Palace Entertainment

Pear

Strata Poster
Basically means they were sold to Parques Reunidos and seeing how badly Palace has run Lake Compounce and Kennywood, I hope this park does not suffer a similar fate.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Why couldn't they buy Mt. Olympus instead.

Seriously, can anyone buy Mt. Olympus?
Why? What do you have against the place?

Parques Reunidos tends to buy parks that are already nicely developed, so they can neglect them for years before they need to invest any further. That's the sad part. They don't buy struggling parks to keep them struggling, they buy parks that do well and then turn them into struggling parks.

Justin2000

Mega Poster
Why? What do you have against the place?

Parques Reunidos tends to buy parks that are already nicely developed, so they can neglect them for years before they need to invest any further. That's the sad part. They don't buy struggling parks to keep them struggling, they buy parks that do well and then turn them into struggling parks.

1 Train operations on coasters, long lines, questionable-at-best maintenance and security, Slow moving food lines, confusing layout.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
1 Train operations on coasters, long lines, questionable-at-best maintenance and security, Slow moving food lines, confusing layout.
Trust me, none of that would have even a remote chance of improving under Palace Entertainment. If anything, they would be actively looking into ways to cut even more corners.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
In other words, one of their other parks is now $24 million in debt. That's how their expansions tend to be financed.
But wait, there’s more. A user on Reddit made an interesting observation regarding the article;
231CBFAD-37EB-4645-8195-FEA9777BBC29.jpeg
So in other words, the Krantz family is still on the hook for any legal issues. When you step in a dog’s ****, the hose does not clean it so easily, and the Raging Rivers incident is rather sticky indeed.

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
But wait, there’s more. A user on Reddit made an interesting observation regarding the article;
View attachment 15212
So in other words, the Krantz family is still on the hook for any legal issues. When you step in a dog’s ****, the hose does not clean it so easily, and the Raging Rivers incident is rather sticky indeed.
As it should.

Palace/Parques Reunidos aren’t and shouldn’t be made liable for the boy’s death, that belongs entirely to the Krantz. They were themselves negligent, careless, and making their own park less safe to visit. Palace may stifle investment into the place and stagnate it, but I’m not shedding any tears for a park that was clearly run by reckless individuals to begin with. Their whole response to the rapids death, on top of the many revelations that’s come out of it, have been nothing short of disgusting, and I had no desire to visit a park still run by them. I’d say good riddance.