What's new

Adventure Island Ban Topless Men

Smithy

Strata Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Ermm,

England has - Beach. Sand. Sun. Bathing...
Spain has - Beach. Sand. Sun. Bathing...
Turkey has - Beach. Sand. Sun. Bathing...
Lots of countries have - Beach. Sand. Sun. Bathing...

Makes us no different.. Seriously dumb logic just because we are Brits..

**** hell I thought you were baiting.

Not sure if you're aware that there's a difference between the climates of Southend and Spain, but I'd daresay it's far more likely someone would leave the house without a shirt in Spain than they would to nip down to Southend sea-front for a swim in the sludge.

Should be no problem asking people to put a top on when riding, imagine it'd end up getting ride ops into arguments no more often than they usually are with the sorts of people who create issues.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Ian said:
Sigh, just ban gross fat people from doing it. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to get a sculpted body so I don't think there's any harm for somebody to show it off. Anybody crying "vanity" is simply jealous.

I genuinely find the worst offenders are chavvy little pricks with no meat on them whatsoever showing everyone their ribs as they strut about like they own the place. Usually no top but a baseball cap. Twats.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Even if people have nice bodies, if someone is walking around somewhere other than the beach or waterpark or similar without a shirt on I immediately groan internally and think 'twat'. It's gross, and unnecessary, even more so in places where I'm not prepared to see that much flesh like a theme park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Guys as you know slating Adventure Island is slating my family (the owners). The ban has been put out because ride hosts are getting annoyed seeing men with their tops off. I think the ban had to be done because especially in the summer months it's just scary seeing men topless, But the family don't really want to see tattoos and flab I know I'd never do it because of the fact I have scars on my back and side from an operation but these people still do it regardless.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
To be fair, I don't think many people know they're your family - or are slating adventure island for that matter.

Seems the discussion is more about how unpleasant people find topless blokes

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
To be fair, I don't think many people know they're your family - or are slating adventure island for that matter.

Seems the discussion is more about how unpleasant people find topless blokes

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jj23w

Hyper Poster
True that most people wouldn't know of me as a family member I'm just saying the ban is because Phil sees topless people and most of the time have a bad physique. Even after the ban Good Friday there was a few people topless secruity had a field day.

Smithy

Strata Poster
jj23w said:
But the family don't really want to see tattoos and flab I know I'd never do it because of the fact I have scars on my back and side from an operation but these people still do it regardless.

Don't see why that's an issue, I have no issue being topless and I'm pretty skinny with horrendous scars all over my back. Each to their own.

jj23w said:
True that most people wouldn't know of me as a family member I'm just saying the ban is because Phil sees topless people and most of the time have a bad physique. Even after the ban Good Friday there was a few people topless secruity had a field day.

Sorry, but that's a woeful excuse and if it's true then it's poor form to introduce such measures. For matters of taste and decency, fine, but just because somebody doesn't approve of their physique is the wrong reason to do it. Imagine the uproar if someone tried to stop people they found ugly entering?

But aye, nobody has actually insulted the owners or AI in here, they've actually supported the measure. Having heard from you the motive behind it however, now I'm not so sure.