What's new

Accident on Splash Canyon

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Drayton have said on their Facebook page that there's been an incident on Splash Canyon. Emergency services have been called and the ride in obviously closed. Sorry I don't know how to link it on my phone.

addy2503

Mega Poster
People on twitter are saying that someone fell out of one the boats, however no official statements have been made yet.

addy2503

Mega Poster
Statement from Staffordshire Police:

"Superintendent Carl Ratcliffe, of Staffordshire Police, said:

We were called at 2.25pm this afternoon (9 May) to reports that a child had fallen from a water ride at Drayton Manor Park.

The girl, believed to be 11-years-old from the Leicester area, has been airlifted to Birmingham Children's Hospital.

Her parents have been informed and are being supported by officers.

The HSE have been informed of the incident."

https://www.staffordshire.police.uk...&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn&utm_source=Twitter

Astro61201

Roller Poster
True, but I meant more by the media, the do like to bring related subjects up, we might even get a Vicky Balch interview about the incident.:(

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Just been announced that she has died this afternoon after being air lifted.

Tragic news, thoughts to everyone involved.

Last edited:

addy2503

Mega Poster
From the West Midlands Ambulance Service:

"An 11-year-old girl has died following an incident at Drayton Manor Theme Park this afternoon.

West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to reports of a patient who had fallen into water at 2.18pm.

An ambulance, a senior paramedic officer, a paramedic area support officer, a rapid response paramedic, a community first responder and the Midlands Air Ambulance from Staffordshire, with a MERIT trauma doctor on board, were sent to the scene. The first resource was on scene within seven minutes.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “On arrival, crews discovered a girl with serious injuries who had been rescued from the water by park staff.

“Ambulance staff administered advanced life support before the girl was flown to Birmingham Children’s Hospital with the doctor continuing treatment en-route.

“Unfortunately, shortly after arrival at hospital it became apparent nothing could be done to save her and she was confirmed deceased."

https://officialwmas.wordpress.com/...-fatal-injuries-in-incident-at-drayton-manor/

Astro61201

Roller Poster
Thoughts go out to the family and witnesses, always horrible to have your child die before you, especially on what is meant to be a fun day out.

Any thoughts on the cause?

addy2503

Mega Poster
Thoughts go out to the family and witnesses, always horrible to have your child die before you, especially on what is meant to be a fun day out.

Any thoughts on the cause?
And on a school trip as well

No word on what caused the accident yet, but the park is supposed to be giving a press conference soon

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Awful news. Thoughts to the victim's friends and family.

The UK doesn't need another accident, especially a fatal one. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

elephant58

Hyper Poster
I'm guessing the most likely would be she stood up. This is really bad though, RIP.
Do you reckon drowning was the cause? I hope so, because at least it wasn't be better than any blunt trauma type injuries I guess.

Astro61201

Roller Poster
I agree she may have stood up and fallen out, and consequently been either struck by the boat and knocked unconscious, causing her to fall below the water, or she might have been simply pushed over by the boat and under, either way both sad.