What's new

A Park's Needs

CMonster

Giga Poster
Just a discussion to see what turns up, what do you think _______ park needs. You can pick any park (or more than one) and choose any (reasonable) rides/attractions that the park should have to make it better for enthusiasts, the GP, whomever- that means no 500 foot aquatrax or whatever, this isn't the Cedar Point Rumors topic :p .

I'll start with Busch Gardens Tampa. This may be just because I've been there so many times, and done everything so much some things have gotten boring, but I think they should either get some more flats as they only have two right now, or they should get a dark ride. Knowing BG's theming, I'm sure they could pull that off well.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Valleyfair- Needs a B&M! The park will be a complete small park once a B&M arrives there.

Cedar Point- A good woodie, whether it be a GCI or a Intamin Prefab I don't care they just need something better then Mean Streak. Blue Streak is good but it's older they need something new.

BGA- New Trains for Gwazi, GCI has been asking the park if they can they just need to go through with it.

Hershey Park- I would say a nice big flat ride, whether it's a drop tower or a screaming swing or something. I felt when I was there they had an incredible coaster lineup but really lacking on intense flats.

Mt. Olympus- This park just needs new safety procedures cause they are absolutely asking to be sued. Once they figure that out then they should put some new rides in.

A

Anonymous

Six Flags Great America needs to stop getting B&Ms. Every big coaster they get is a B&M.

Michigan's Adventure needs a smooth ride. Everything they have is rough.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Port Aventura needs a crappy Eurofighter to help it complete with the little parks ;)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Liseberg and TusenFryd, both sorely needs an Invert.

TusenFryd desperately needs the same prices as Liseberg. I paid twice as much (in NOK, even) for a smaller meal at TusenFryd than I did (in SEK) at Liseberg. That, and those wheels of fortune (that don't cost kr 20 each time and is possible to win at).

Alton needs taller trees. And the guts to go to the neighbours and tell them to shut up. Then, something big.

The UK in general needs to quit their stupid NIMBY-ism a woodie. Any woodie will do, crap ones are hard to come by these days, if you were to buy a new one.

Holiday World could safely invest in a steel coaster now. Something that inverts. Or a P'n'P, if they really want to become Wood Heaven on Earth.

Heide needs something big and steely. DM? Floorless? 4-D? Ter(r)a? The possibilities are endless.

China in general needs peace, stability, a proper train system, and cheaper flights to it. The coasters come by themselves down there.

Everland could need a giant steel coaster now. Giga?

Fuji-Q needs wood. A P'n'P, for example. And some high-capacity ride (terrained Swarzkopf non-looper?).

SFMM needs a good accelerator. And a drop tower, they could even break the record.

Blackpool needs anything, as long as it's new and not tacky. Am I asking for a triangle with four sides here?

A

Anonymous

Liseberg needs a new big thrilling coaster (invert or something) and a more family orientating one (spinner, etc.) as well as a few good flat rides.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Cedar Point- A good woodie, whether it be a GCI or a Intamin Prefab I don't care they just need something better then Mean Streak. Blue Streak is good but it's older they need something new

This.
That.

I keep holding out for that 500 ft. flying spaghetti child labor floorless dive machine underwater popsicle dispensing water ride.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
ALTON TOWERS - SW6 needs to be world class

BUSCH GARDENS AFRICA - a good dark ride

CAMELOT THEME PARK - a thorough cleaning

disney studios paris - more filler rides and a junior coaster

disneyland paris - another junior / family coaster or 2

DRAYTON MANOR PARK - a good clean up in the shockwave and stormforce queues, and a retheme on excaliber

EFTELING - a good high thrill coaster

EUROPA PARK - now they've got blue fire, could do with a couple of high thrill flats, and a disney tower of terror esque ride

LEGOLAND WINDSOR - I know it's mainly kids and family oriented, but it could do with a good thrill ride

PARQUE DE ATRACCIONES DE MADRID - just a small amount of tlc - it's not too bad now, but looks as if it could get bad in a few years

PARQUE WARNER MADRID - a good woody to replace coaster express, a dark ride, and a couple more flats, and a replacement for that terrible drop tower - GREAT park otherwise though

PHANTASIALAND - a replacement for the log flume, which isn't a patch on the rapids ride, and a really good dark ride to replace geister ricksha.

PLEASURE BEACH, BLACKPOOL, a great combination of rides, which they should open all the time, and a bit more land!

PORTAVENTURA - a good dark ride or 2, and a few more filler attractions

THORPE PARK - a really good faminly coaster, and a good dark ride

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE - maybe a few more filler attractions

WALT DISNEY WORLD - MAGIC KINGDOM - a decent thrill coaster

tomahawk

Strata Poster
SFMM flats. No more coasters for a few years. High Capacity flats. Drop tower, Screamin Swing, you name it they need it. Coaster wise, something that utilizes the mountain, is fast, and not built in a parking lot again! Also a parking structure would be nice and the elimination of a separate gate to get into Hurricane Harbor

KBF. B&M Hyper, and the removal of Perilous Plunge. Also GhostRider needs a 1 year rehab to make it bearable again

Worlds of Fun- Maverick-esque coaster. Screamin Swing.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
SW6 doesn't need to be World Class. Alton can market it perfectly, the general public will buy it. It's only when enthusiasts thrive on high expectations, that we become dissapointed.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Lightwater Valley - something that loops wouldn't go amiss, and have always had a fancy for a ghost train there, maybe ending in an unexpected splash, like the old devil's cascade.

Flamingoland - a racing or woodie coaster; preferably both. Would quite like an observation tower, like the buggered one at morcambe, for the zoo.

Drayton Manor - Water pistols on excalibur, a dark coaster. More Thomas land loveliness.

Alton towers. Transport. pure and simple. Oh and more stuff for kids near Air and Nemmie.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
I think that Thorpe Park needs a wooden rollercoaster. What I think they should do is... If they do remove x No Way Out they should then get rid of the octapus garden and then get a woody going from the back of Slammer to the end of octapus garden. Soz it a bit long

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
slappy mcguire said:
Lightwater Valley - something that loops wouldn't go amiss, and have always had a fancy for a ghost train there, maybe ending in an unexpected splash, like the old devil's cascade.

Flamingoland - a racing or woodie coaster; preferably both. Would quite like an observation tower, like the buggered one at morcambe, for the zoo.

Drayton Manor - Water pistols on excalibur, a dark coaster. More Thomas land loveliness.

Alton towers. Transport. pure and simple. Oh and more stuff for kids near Air and Nemmie.

Just elaborating from what your saying.

Lightwater Valley - Remove the Rat, bad capacity & too hidden for people to see. Probably why it doesn't get that much attention.

A permanent log flume would be cool, use some indoor sections around where the rat is located, obviously with the rat queueline already pretty cool, you could keep that and just have the whole sewer boat theme.
Maybe another coaster would be good... shwarzkopf looper, a nice hefty investment for Lightwater.

Flamingoland - Wooden rollercoaster, GCI can be done on the cheap & Mingo could easily find a theme for the thing. I agree with an observation tower.

I'll skip Drayton because I think the addition to new family & kid's rides is really doing them wonders.

Alton Towers - I agree, transport & SW6 should do some good for UGLand with the whole re-theme thing. I think it's obvious Rita will be re-themed.

Spinball should be moved further back & some more childrens rides could be placed in it's former location.
Log Flume re-theme & maybe a decent couple of flats for X-Sector & Forbidden Valley. Remove the flats in the way.

Almost

Hyper Poster
Great Adventure- A package of about 7-8 flats basically would help out dearly. It's purely coasters there.

Dorney- Needs one coaster that really pops. They have the greatest collection of secondary coasters on the planet. Coasters that you go on after you ride their elite coasters. It's absurd. You can make a case for Talon, I guess. But it's still miles away from Alpy or anything

BG Europe- Now that BBW is going down, I'm inclined to say another coaster. It's quite a trek in between all the coasters but that park is just as close to perfection as I'll ever see.

james6

Roller Poster
Chessington- a new star coaster :)

Thorpe- A woodie, preferably a GCI, they look so amazing!
Thorpe also badly needs a couple of dark rides IMO