What's new

5 new Coasters at Thorpe Park over next 5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I was at Thorpe Park today on a college trip and as part of the trip we had to sit though a talk about the ict of the theme park. The person leading the talk (Chris i think his name was.) Said that Thorpe Park had recently got planing permission for 5 new Roller Coasters in the next 5 years. He said the the last one coming in 2015 was to be 300 ft. tall which is very close to the limit Thorpe Park has on height. He said part of it is to go though the current education center which is located on the right hand side of the bridge as you enter the dome. Does anyone know if this is 100% right i mean he is a Thorpe Park staff member but sounds kinda to good to be true. As for the details of the other 4 Coasters he didn't say much only about the 5th one in 2015. I don't know if its 1 coaster a year or a few one year and so on. Any info. on this would be grate. Even if it is about this being a load of rubbish, be good to know one way or the other. (Also he said about Flamingo Land having a euro fighter identical to saw but having a 110 degree first drop.)
Any info. on this would be cool.

Nah this isn't true at all. Thorpe's plans for the future include a couple of new coaster in the next few years but nothing 300 feet tall etc.
Also the Flamingoland thing is false as well. Saw is a custom layout designed to fit around the theme and include an indoor section. Plus the park already has Mumbo Jumbo so has no need for another more than vertical drop.

He said Flamingoland have an Eurofighter...

Says it all really, staff are really not to be trusted when it comes to new rides :lol:

Thorpe barely has enough room for 3 new coasters, and has a lot of work to do before even adding new coasters...

^Thorpe will have room for 3 new coasters once the land fill is done :)

Also replace X and thats more land to use.

I can see a new coaster for 2011 and then maybe 2013/14 but no way once every year for the next 5 years.

They will want something new for the Olympic year so they can advertise.

marc said:
Also replace X and thats more land to use.

And the children's ride in front of it. Even on the busiest of summer days they've not used too much. X and them would be a nice large space for a coaster. I can't believe any park would have enough money to do 5 coasters in 5 years though. But hell... wouldn't you all love for it to be true?

Sounds like he was just trying to get everyone excited and get everyone talking about Thorpe Park by talking complete **** :lol:

I would love to have been there and asked him a few questions about this, wouldn't we have already seen some construction by now? ;)

BS

Thorpe's hight is something like 115ft anyway. Thats why they had to get special permision to build Stealth and had to paint the top white.

I went to Thorpe Park on a school trip to the education centre and the guy said there was plans for future rollercoaster in the next few years but definitely not something 300ft tall.
He said that they have a contract with the local neighbourhoods/councils saying they cant build anything higher than 200ft in the next 10 years

^And when those ten years are over, I bet the local council will vote for renewing it for another ten. Heathrow airport isn't far away either, and with the increase in plane traffic, I bet the restrictions will go even further down. I think it will be very optimistic to assume that Thorpe will get something the size of Stealth in the next 30 years.
And yeah, 2012 is the year for the next coaster.

If the hight restrictions are 200 ft, thorpe has to build a mega-lite soon! ..and a proper drop tower too!

Pokemaniac said:
Heathrow airport isn't far away either, and with the increase in plane traffic, I bet the restrictions will go even further down.

If an airport is within 2 miles, the height limit is 100ft. MAX. There was a building down here about a mile and a half of MCAS Miramar Air Force Base that was built to 112ft. Well, they were fined for that, and had to remove the top 12 feet of the building.

Well, at least that's what it is in the U.S. I'm sure it's similar in the UK.

I went to town yesterday and a local tramp yelled "Girreee, mar frop mer gah dady bigeee yen const ner".

I translated this as "Thorpe are getting a 500 foot high launched B&M Invert".

I believe it, but I don't believe the ICT guy ;) :lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.