What's new

394ft Freefall Ride coming the UK!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^Sorry Dave, you can keep defending that ridiculous figure all you want, but there is no way that 70 quid is anywhere near a reasonable price. In other places, those attractions are priced at around 20-30 quid, so that's 40-50 quid for the tour? Please.

They know it's a rip-off, that's why they're trying to sell it as a "whole" 90 minute experience.

Tower tour? Drastically different from a regular trip up the tower? Doubtful.

Safety briefing? A legal requirement. Hardly to be used as a selling point.

90 Minutes? How long does a group of 8 people take to jump from this thing anyway? About 15 minutes given that everyone does it fairly quickly with no fannying about, so could be a bit longer.

So, 15 minutes for the group to jump, about 15 minutes to get kitted out and given the instructions, sorry, "safety briefing," so an hour or less for the tour, which is the amount of time you'd spend up the tower anyway.

Fantastic value for money right there!

Dave

CF Legend
To be honest I'm hoping it fails, despite my enthusiasm. Just so I can tell my top brass manager "i told you so"

A

Anonymous

This won't help the tower because it is much too expensive at £70. I can't see anyone paying that much!

A

Anonymous

gavin said:
This sounds like exactly the same system as is on the SkyTowers in Auckland / Macau and I think they are planning to install on the Stratosphere...

Yep, sounds like it. They're popping up on a few towers now. Woobang Tower in Daegu, Korea has one, too.

They're not exactly free fall, and none of them, so far, have had the downright cheek to charge anything even approaching 70 quid for a go either.

Well Skytower in Auckland charges 195 NZ Dollars which works out at around £79 and the Macau tower charges around £67 so i'd say that this £70 charge is the standard rate.