What's new

[2013]Walibi Belgium: Turbine becomes Psyké Underground!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
peep said:
Yes, massive thanks to Kristof, Jeroen and the rest of the PR team that let us in during the fan preview. A whole hour to goon over the re-theme and re-ride as much as we liked.

I think you should thank Jeroen the most, since he is the one who talked Caroline Crucifix into letting you join the fan preview from Psyké Underground :mrgreen:

peep said:
I was expecting more lighting etc but what they have done is really great.

More lighteffects will be installed next season. There are lighteffects for the tubes for example, but they will install them for the next season. If they would have done it now, the ride would have opened later than July, probably August.

I was at the park sunday and had my very first two rides on Psyké Underground. Did them both backseat because we had a 4X Pass and had the two last coaches for us.

Well, I have to say, everyone who ever did a Schwarzkopf Shuttle Looper...forget all about that. I loved the idea of the little video that is screened right before the launch though. The launch is so much different than the one on Turbine. You stroll very slowly into the tunnel, but at one point you are launched pretty brutal into the rest of the tunnel. And the huge Schwarzkopf looping is really amazing. It is unbelievable the force it has and how it pushes you into your seat. And to me, the ride backwards is alot more desorientating than it was on Turbine! And I also like the fact that it finally reached its highest point at 45 meters. So hey, it has the record of the highest rollercoaster in Belgium. Only 1 meter lower than Goliath ;)

I loved it!

Mike

Giga Poster
Yep, I have to agree with the launch. Totally different than Montezuma's Revenge (the only other Schwarzkopf shuttle I have done), but once it does get to it's full speed the whole ride is very forceful.

I love how disorientating the ride is as well, especially going backwards. You just don't know whether you're facing downwards or forwards when you pass back through the station.

Massive thanks to Kristof and all the park management for allowing us the ERT on the ride as well. :)

Lottie.

Mega Poster
Loved the ride on Friday, many thanks for letting us join the preview event! After riding it, I loved the back - definitely had some force! And going backwards was disorientating!

Wish this ride was in the UK :p

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Had a really excellent day at Wallibi Belgium on Friday. Just wanted to say a big thanks to Kristof for organising our visit with the park. The management were absolutely lovely and really made us feel welcome.

As for the ride, I thought it was excellent. This was my first Swarty shuttle and I love the fact that it's so simple, yet very, very effective. Ok so it's not the world's most thrilling coaster, but the loop is quite forceful when taken backwards, especially in the back. It's also really disorientating being inside with nothing to use as a point of reference - I had no idea if we were travelling horizontal or back up the tower again. I love the overall theme - although a bit more could perhaps be done in the actual ride, the station itself and the 'preshow' were excellent, and the dance track they've created is FAB and shows real effort (it's totally on repeat in my car now).

So we got onto the first train of the day!! :D
The Gerst. trains looked good and didn't detract from the ride. The launch was excellent, although I can't compare it to how it was originally. I love the way the old mechanism has been kept and made into part of the new theming. Overall, I think they've done a great job and it's nice to see such an old ride be treated with true care and attention - let's hope it entertains a new generation for years to come :D

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I rode it today, and i thought that even though it has a very short simple layout, it was a really fun and re-rideable coaster. The trains were comfortable and visually pleasing, the launch was decent, the loop was nice and intense and the whole ride was really smooth. After riding the other coasters the park has to offer, i'd say that it is really good that it has reopened, as it is definitely the best coaster in the park. Also, love the soundtrack.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
Actually (can't believe I'm saying this) I really enjoyed their SLC. It was quite intense, and dare I say smooth for once

I agree it is one of the smoother ones i have ridden, but i felt like it ran quite slow, thus was quite dull. Maybe it just wasn't running as well yesterday as it usually does.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your extra on your trip to Belgium. And I hope you enjoyed your time in my favorite park.

I'd say...come back soon :p Halloween for instance ;)

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Promotional video from Psyké Underground, the soundtrack of the coaster by Quentin Mosimann. Now available on Spotify and iTunes!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8l_EWw4SHI[/youtube]

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Yay, I can buy it legally now and give the artist like 4p </music industry gripe>

Loving the tune though - you can't beat a bit of super cheesey dance