What's new

2012 Comes Early

Peter

Hyper Poster
You might want to start to hurricane proof your houses, 2012 is starting 3 years earlier than expected.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=BH24&day=6

nb9h00.jpg

On the bright side, at least it won't be raining. I think I might go out and fly my kite next Friday. :)

Haha.. Nice.

Don't complain about your temperatures though. Compared to us over here, you get only mildly hot summers, and mildly cold winters.

And those winds sound intense. Reminds me of a few years back (actually a lot of years back, I was in my middle years of grade school) when we had this huge windstormy blizzard thing and I was trying to walk home from school and the wind knocked me over and I fell into a bike rack. Yay!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^It's a mess up, I think. Wind speeds exceeding 500 km/h simply doesn't occur in England. The Beaufort Scale stops at 118 km/t, and that's considered a really strong hurricane. Somebody forgot to put in a dot.

Gazza

Giga Poster
The Beaufort Scale stops at 118 km/t, and that's considered a really strong hurricane
Pfft, that's nothing, when Cyclone George hit the Pilbara region in 2007 there were gusts of 285 km/h.

Rush

Giga Poster
Bearing in mind the record windspeed ever recorded at ground level is 231mph, I reckon there's a mistake. Surely if windspeeds like these are ever even predicted there'd be a mass media panic?

:lol:

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Thank God, I'm flying to Orlando on that day. To be honest, obviously a screw up.

Bet it would be fun being in the air with those winds..