What's new

2011 Golden Ticket Awards

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Funny about Valhalla as 2nd best water ride, and Noah's Ark at Kennywood as best funhouse.

But yeah, Mitch Hawker, she comes.

D1993

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
D1993 said:
I dont care if this is a double post or whatever - but PHOENIX at number 2?!?!
Above El toro?!
thats crap crap crap crap crap.

It IS better than El Toro though...

It's just not better than other stuff they say it's better than!

Ive heard so many rave reviews about Phoenix, but after riding El Toro I cant see how it would be better. I will wait to actually ride it, and yes there are many other rides that shouldnt be where they are.

Jake

Strata Poster
Toro is one of the most overrated coasters in the world. It's not bad by any means, but from the way everyone bangs on about it you'd expect multiple orgasms. It's not even in my top 5 woodies.

Every year these results come out, and every year they're a load of crap. How is it a suprise? The best thing to do would be to ignore them and not give them the extra publicity they don't deserve <///3.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Whilst waiting outside Flamingoland for others to arrive, Raybould was on his phone and told me the Golden Ticket Awards have been announced.

"Meh", I said, "Not interested in the slightest."

Raybould then continued to reel off the winners.

"I don't care!" I exclaimed.

Realising that Raybould didn't take the hint, I politely stood there going "Uh-huh", "Oh really?" for a few minutes without digesting any information.

And that concludes the story of my brief flirtation with the TGTA.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
and there's an award for "Best childerns park"....

only one of the top 10 steelies I've done is EGF - and I much prefer piraten!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Does anyone have a list of the people who vote (and their connections to parks) and the parks who sponsor these events?

Anyone think there may be a bit of a link?

Anyway, as Mike says, the wooden top ten isn't too bad, just badly ordered and with a couple of a couple of dummies in there.

Noah's Ark at Blackpool getting a mention just proves absolutely that the people voting are not travelling to these parks each year and are not riding the rides each year. It's 100% complete and utter bollocks then. It will be next year too, and the year after...

D1993

Hyper Poster
^ All I know is that you cant be an employee of any of the parks/amusement chains or associated with amusement today.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Mitch Hawker is often held at the very end or beginning of a year. Wooden comes first, then steel.

Ben

CF Legend
^What?

Last year the polls were heavily delayed (mostly because you have to think how much work they must be for the poor guy!), which meant that they came out a lot later than they normally do.

No-one other than Mitch is going to know if this year's are going to appear at the "normal" time, at the same sort of time as last year, or if he just won't bother for a while again. It's a lot of the work for the guy, I really wouldn't blame him if he just spited this year and did one next year...

Rosso

Roller Poster
*sight* I haven't riden in enough coasters to know how this list really holds up. I'll have a better idea next season.