What's new

18 year old Killed on Inferno in Terra Mitica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
Don't forget the veteran who got spited at Darien Lake.

It was worse cause he FOUGHT FOR AR COUNTRY!

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Ben said:
Don't forget the veteran who got spited at Darien Lake.

It was worse cause he FOUGHT FOR AR COUNTRY!

It's hard to blame the restraints for that one... His prosthetics came off, which isn't a restraint failure.

Ethan

Strata Poster
tomahawk said:
Ben...go mince into a vile minefield you condescending, ignorant, little **** twat.

Ben has a point though. If a Hispanic imigrant died on a roller coaster, I doubt there would have been half the outrage as there was because an ex-army guy was killed.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Wasn't the whole veteran incident thing because the staff initially refused him onto the ride, he kicked up a fuss in order to get on (because he was a war vet if I recall and he shouldn't be treated so badly etc) and then he got thrown out the ride, what with having no legs?

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Maybe he thought that if he could (barely) survive war, he would be okay riding a coaster? It's sad and awful but he should have listened.

As for this Terra Mitica accident, I don't get what happened. Did the restraint just... Open? Mid-ride? :(

EthC

Mega Poster
From what I have heard it was the final part of the ride which is just before the breaks that flips you upside down quite violently. I don't know if the forces are stronger there but i'm guessing if it did fail it failed there.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Based on the two I've tried, including a clone of this one, that final flip is the strongest part of the ride.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I've only been on one, but yeah, last flip is most intense.

I think that was a different guy who complained, I know several have. It was more of his prosthetics didn't stay connected, when they should have, regardless of forces. A lot of those guys can walk normalish, at least undetected when they wear pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.