What's new

Mandoria | Aquila | ̶V̶e̶k̶o̶m̶a̶ ̶ Gerstlauer Family Launch Coaster | 2025

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
After a few years of opening new coasters and rides inside of their existing building, Mandoria is thinking bigger;

The Mandoria indoor theme park in Rzgów near Łódź, Poland, has announced a new themed area including a new roller coaster for 2025. The coaster, which will be called “Aquila”, is going to be a family-launched coaster from Vekoma with a 445-metre-long track embedded in an almost 25-metre-high tower. Shortly after leaving the station, the coaster train, which has space for up to 20 passengers, will accelerate to 70 km/h before going through rapid twists and surprising turns.

“From the very beginning of the creation of the Mandoria theme park, we wanted it to be described by three adjectives: themed, family and year-round,” explains Daniel Zieliński, Mandoria Park Manager. “In embarking on the work on the new park zone, we are staying true to this objective. Mandoria will still look like a 16th-century trading town and the attractions there will enable whole families to have fun together. Thanks to the construction of the massive tower, our fourth rollercoaster will travel its entire route indoors, which means that it will be available to visitors all year round, regardless of the season or the weather. For the first time in Poland, children from 95 cm tall will be able to experience a ride previously reserved for teenagers and adults. All this while maintaining the highest safety standards,” concludes Zieliński.

Personally I think this is amazing for a mall park that only opened its doors... two years ago?
Mandoria-neuer-Coaster-.jpg

I suppose this could be another one of those LIM launch coasters Vekoma has been introducing this year? It's incredible to see how much development Poland has seen in the last ten years when it comes to the theme park industry.

We have an update, track and supports are on site for this......Vekoma??? Like the source states it looks more like a Gerstlauer.

Source: CoasterFriends , click for more images.

IMG_20240714_144607.jpg
IMG_20240714_144444.jpg

The base is in for the tower, parts for the tower seem to be in the background.
IMG_20240714_145007.jpg

And signs have gone up.
IMG_20240714_144909.jpg

Time to change the topic title again.
Seems there's 2 coasters. The Vekoma launched and a Gerst bobsled.

The bobsled is oddly a clone ot Tiki Waka at Walibi Belgium
Messenger_creation_49C16730-357E-4476-8AE5-37DD98D5AB1C.jpegMessenger_creation_FC698445-5D52-4CB0-9564-FDD9EFD97767.jpegProjekt-rollercoastera2.png

And this also seems to be the last coaster from the 2nd hand Vietnamese theme park rides that went up for sale last year (including Georgia Surfer and The Flash Vertical Velocity)

Here was the image from that sale brochure for reference
Screenshot_2023-08-26-05-08-13-58_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f~2.jpg

Time to change the topic title again.
Seems there's 2 coasters. The Vekoma launched and a Gerst bobsled.

The bobsled is oddly a clone ot Tiki Waka at Walibi Belgium
View attachment 33565View attachment 33566View attachment 33567

And this also seems to be the last coaster from the 2nd hand Vietnamese theme park rides that went up for sale last year (including Georgia Surfer and The Flash Vertical Velocity)

Here was the image from that sale brochure for reference
View attachment 33568
I could be wrong, but there might be a little difference in the layout in comparison to the original Tiki Waka. The last block section seems to have been replaced by 2 little bunny hills. This difference is most noticeable in the sideview on the blueprint. I think it is nice that they didn't just copy paste the layout over to other parks, but actually upgraded aguably the most dissapointing part of the ride by removing those trims. However, knowing that this is a family coaster, it is also possible that the ride still won't deliver real floater airtime even though the layout has changed

According to the article, this Bobsled is planned for another future theme park near Olsztynem?
Hmmm interesting. I think I may have been lead up the garden path with this. Was told by someone else it was Mandoria and saw what I wanted to see.

Cancel the change in topic title.

At the same time... Why is there gerst track at Mandoria when they've already confirmed Vekoma. (And there's a layout image for it)

This seems too coincidental

Why would they store track there for a future park that will be build 300km away?
The company behind the project at Olsztynem, Village Sp. z o. o., has its head office a few meters near Mandoria. I don't know if they are also behind Mandoria or not, but they just maybe need to store the coaster somewhere, they have just started to build the park.

I could be wrong, but there might be a little difference in the layout in comparison to the original Tiki Waka. The last block section seems to have been replaced by 2 little bunny hills. This difference is most noticeable in the sideview on the blueprint. I think it is nice that they didn't just copy paste the layout over to other parks, but actually upgraded aguably the most dissapointing part of the ride by removing those trims. However, knowing that this is a family coaster, it is also possible that the ride still won't deliver real floater airtime even though the layout has changed
It looks more like they moved the block brake to after the turn back towards the lift hill as opposed to removing it entirely. There's what looks to be a catwalk attached to the section of track above the path there:

tikiwaka2.png

On Tiki-Waka there are two bunny hops before the track crosses under the lift hill:

tikiwaka3.png

Whereas on the Polish near-clone those are missing and replaced with straight track:

tikiwaka4.png
tikiwaka.png

Last edited: