What's new

Energylandia | Choco Chip Creek | Vekoma Minetrain | 2024

emoo

Hyper Poster
The whole world has suffered from supply chain issues, new ways of living and everything changing. Slowdowns are happening everywhere (didn't Europa Park also comment on this?) so don't see why that wouldn't also impact them here too.

Aqualantis opened late in the year, was before rona and still has supporting structures that look like some plant or theming should be attached once day. Being ready first day of the new year hasn't been their thing.

They also got a giant wheel up alongside everything else going on which is equal or more than some places can achieve.

If they are looking to open a large land with theming all over (something they need to get better at) I'm not surprised this appears to be turning into a 2024 opening. And I'd rather they finish than leave more gaps.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I went last year, I agree with you with the new lands being of top quality, I just feel they have a very long way to go for being a well rounded park
Depends on what you look for in a park I guess :)

Only place in Europe aside from my home park (Alton Towers) and Phantasialand that has me wanting to visit at least twice a year.

Just because it's not to your taste doesn't mean 'it's gone wrong.' WWOHP aside, Universal Orlando wasn't to my taste, doesn't mean they've gone wrong. It just means I look for decent coasters, and they had absolutely none outside of WWOHP.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Little update…

It looks to me like the plan has changed, and they intend to finish both phases before opening. Which is good news imo.

Currently one half of the main midway is almost finished, the other side is still a construction site, with some buildings still looking like bare framework.

Both entrances are looking complete and very pretty. Unlike aqualantis, which still only has one entrance complete (the one not currently in use!!!)

In general it does look like they’re making this area a lot more detailed, taking their time a little more to actually finish it properly, and that can only be a good thing. I will stick my neck out here though, and say that they are very busy with it, people constantly working (unlike some previous visits) so it looks like the intention is to have it ready for next year… But, there is a lot still to do, so who knows? 🤷🏻‍♂️

The coaster now has faux wooden sleepers attached, making the track look more like a train track, but it does beg the question, why red? The large theming structure in the middle, which the track passes through, is still blank framework, but it does look significantly large!!! It’s gonna be one big pile of dragon poo / cookie dough!

There’s a good few flat rides, but I think we knew about them all. And there’s this really pretty ‘mini’ tree of life thing, I have no idea what that is…

Sorry didn’t take many pics, but I did get the entrance from Aqualantis and the tree of life just inside that entrance.

A8E4FCB4-A9B8-4A15-9CFA-DBBFD19DB618.jpeg
98128E0D-66A6-42CB-92CD-BB052F39CC57.jpeg
E4CB12A2-AD3C-4A5A-8814-3A8F5CBB3B29.jpeg
AD26B1A6-514B-45BE-876C-E9A1C64CD13B.jpeg
28755B0C-ECA5-493F-BCB6-846BB76A2C76.jpeg

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Off to Energylandia at the end of the month (tickets super cheap <£15) - for those who have been, what are your recommendations for food please? - looks like new area will not be open which is a shame.
Not entirely sure what is and isn't open during their Christmas event, have never done it. But I imagine there will be some festive specials. They had halloween themed pop up food stalls during the halloween event last year...

Wrap up warm! Gets cold enough in October!!!

Meister71

Roller Poster
Yes will be taking many many layers especially as we are going to Auschwitz on the Friday and expecting that to be super cold in so many ways - seen vlogs where people like the chicken place in the Zadra land but it seems like they have many more options than that

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Yes will be taking many many layers especially as we are going to Auschwitz on the Friday and expecting that to be super cold in so many ways - seen vlogs where people like the chicken place in the Zadra land but it seems like they have many more options than that
We usually eat at Chick more often than not. But the Pizza place near formula offers great views across the park if you eat on the terraced roof at the top of the building. Viking kebabs aren't bad, but honestly, if you're going to have a kebab when there, get one in Krakow at one of the nice kebab places. The Scandinavia restaurant, and the restaurant upstairs from the pizza place, both offer full meals, nothing special, buffest style. I had meatballs, mash, veg and gravy in the Scandinavia recently, it was ok, I guess, think Ikea restaurant, haha.

Honestly, If you're stopping local to the park then perhaps just snack and save some space for food after the park instead, I can recommend both Bonanza Restaurant at Western Camp (open to none residents for nice evening meals) and Revel in Zator. Both better than anything inside the park by miles.

Meister71

Roller Poster
We usually eat at Chick more often than not. But the Pizza place near formula offers great views across the park if you eat on the terraced roof at the top of the building. Viking kebabs aren't bad, but honestly, if you're going to have a kebab when there, get one in Krakow at one of the nice kebab places. The Scandinavia restaurant, and the restaurant upstairs from the pizza place, both offer full meals, nothing special, buffest style. I had meatballs, mash, veg and gravy in the Scandinavia recently, it was ok, I guess, think Ikea restaurant, haha.

Honestly, If you're stopping local to the park then perhaps just snack and save some space for food after the park instead, I can recommend both Bonanza Restaurant at Western Camp (open to none residents for nice evening meals) and Revel in Zator. Both better than anything inside the park by miles.
Thanks Nicky - we are staying at Western Camp and will need some entertainment in the evening so we could make Bonanza our main meal. Pizza at Formula sounds good as well. Hate Ikea food/restaurants so probably skip that !

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Thanks Nicky - we are staying at Western Camp and will need some entertainment in the evening so we could make Bonanza our main meal. Pizza at Formula sounds good as well. Hate Ikea food/restaurants so probably skip that !
Bonanza is really quite nice, don't be put off by your free buffet breakfast (which in itself, isn't bad at all for what it is) because the evening meals are much nicer, with a cocktail or two.

And Revel is even nicer, just a five minute walk around the corner from you. It's a single door frontage, as it's downstairs, but well worth a visit.

This was the stuffed chicken thing I ordered on our last visit, it all tasted great, but that sauce was something else! All in for about £7-8!

IMG_4653.jpg

DarekD2004

Roller Poster
The best place to eat is Sunken Burger located in Aqalantis. It offers really good quality burgers in reasonable prices. I ate there a red burger, which is Halloween speciality and it was amazing for a theme park food. It cost 18 zł, which is around $4

Attachments

• IMG_20221025_151351.jpg
    IMG_20221025_151351.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 25

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The best place to eat is Sunken Burger located in Aqalantis. It offers really good quality burgers in reasonable prices. I ate there a red burger, which is Halloween speciality and it was amazing for a theme park food. It cost 18 zł, which is around $4
They do the same burgers at Chick 👍 (and that bun is gross!)

Meister71

Roller Poster
Bonanza is really quite nice, don't be put off by your free buffet breakfast (which in itself, isn't bad at all for what it is) because the evening meals are much nicer, with a cocktail or two.

And Revel is even nicer, just a five minute walk around the corner from you. It's a single door frontage, as it's downstairs, but well worth a visit.

This was the stuffed chicken thing I ordered on our last visit, it all tasted great, but that sauce was something else! All in for about £7-8!

View attachment 21446
That does look amazing!!

Meister71

Roller Poster
Love burgers so might give that a try