What's new

GhosterForce 2022

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Tickets, sweets, faffle prizes and travel all sorted! Cloudy weather at Thorpe, scattered showers at Chessie. I've not been to Chessie this decade so looking forward to returning. See you on Saturday or Sunday!

Katy

Roller Poster
In another change of plans for me…. Won’t be at either! My plans are ruined as I developed a chest infection after spending the day in the rain at Alton Towers on Friday last week, had the week off sick and still not better yet 🙁🙁 so glad I didn’t go for the cheaper non-refundable hotel rates!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I realised I never provided an update...

I'll be at Thorpe tomorrow, although arriving some time between 12 and 1 I expect. Presumably best thing to do will be to drop the mythical @Ian from CoasterForce a text to find out location from there

See you tomorrow!

Reactions: Ian

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Cosy sized group this weekend. Should reduce the faff!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Same as Josh, I realise I haven't provided an update, sorry. Not going to make it, just have too much on before the trip on Monday, hope you all have a blast though.

Will

Strata Poster
Same as Josh, I realise I haven't provided an update, sorry. Not going to make it, just have too much on before the trip on Monday, hope you all have a blast though.
BAH! I was looking forward to seeing you as well! You owe me a Towers day when you get back from Poland :p

I've been talked into tomorrow - thanks @Kage for the help with the ticket; I shall see you all int'morning.

I'm still cross because I remembered the Crooked Billet existed on my way back to Sunbury - and there was that silly issue with maze overselling meaning all I got was a thoroughly **** run through Trailers... and the Inferno host who was nice to me earlier in the year informing me that she'd been spat at by a guest during the day.

Moaning aside, was a decent day, to be fair :)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
BAH! I was looking forward to seeing you as well! You owe me a Towers day when you get back from Poland :p

I've been talked into tomorrow - thanks @Kage for the help with the ticket; I shall see you all int'morning.

I'm still cross because I remembered the Crooked Billet existed on my way back to Sunbury - and there was that silly issue with maze overselling meaning all I got was a thoroughly **** run through Trailers... and the Inferno host who was nice to me earlier in the year informing me that she'd been spat at by a guest during the day.

Moaning aside, was a decent day, to be fair :)
Sorry pal, I was looking forward to seeing everybody too, but I didn't want to push my luck with the missus as I'm away next week.

Turned out to be a wise move, been rammed all day!

I have every fireworks night booked if you're planning on going to any? (Although Sunday will be evening only / fireworks, followed, hopefully, by a final good night kiss with the old girl.) And I'm considering dropping in and saying 'Hi' to Ben when he's up here (25th and 26th I think,) but they'll be short days for me.

Glad you (and everybody else) had a great time.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Great to meet everyone - had a nice chilled day and it's just what I needed. Thanks for coming along everyone!

Thorpe itself was a bit turd, but is that any great surprise? :p

Hope everyone has an equally as chilled day today.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Was my first Live and had great fun - was wonderful to put faces to names! Nice and relaxed, even if it was a busy Thorpe (I got out the car park with no dramas though!)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thank you to Chris, Coaster MILF, Reb, Raybould, Hixee, Josh, Dr Dave, Kayleigh, Dev, New Will, Original Will, Sue and Rob for a relaxing, but tiring, two days! Some nice chats had, some memorable rides - front row Stealth at night is fab, the leaking log flume boat, uneventful Rapids, Det swaying in the wind, the fab Croc Drop, watching people bored on DBGT, and THAT spin on Dragons Fury was spectacular - and some silly entertainment with airdropping and judging.

Chessington is looking great but Thorpe is not. The amount of graffiti makes any Spanish theme park look clean in comparison - although reading it the Swam queue did help kill some time! The whole park needs a lick of paint and deep clean. Stealth’s tyre and op cab looks like it’s about to fall apart. Angry Birds looks washed out. Inferno’s seats are black rather than red, but I was pleased to see the mist working. Another positive is the park didn’t feel threatening after dark, the atmosphere felt chilled….might be due to the constant smell of dope, though!

Cheers once again to the tight-knit group who helped me leave with a smile. As promised, those who attended may have a customised forum title! Please drop me or Hixee a PM.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Thanks everyone for Saturday, it was a small group but it was filled with the stupid laughs and silliness that I love so much about CF.

I won't go into detail about Thorpe - its Thorpe at the end of the day and it was a Saturday for Fright Nights so it was busy which I expected. We walked around and grumbled about each queue time before reluctantly joining. Also whats the point for timed entry for DBGT if you still have to queue for an hour?

What I didn't enjoy was paying for 3 mazes , 2 of which were awful and the 3rd I didn't even get to go through because it had a 2 hour queue. Left a bit of a sour note and had me questioning whether I can be arsed anytime soon with the park until it gets its new coaster.

A few highlights then:
Stealth being gut-punching after not riding it for 3 years
Feeding time at the zoo in KFC
Airdrop
The graffitti in The Swarm queue line
The cheese string in the Flying Fish queue line
Nearly falling asleep on the rapids
The general public discovering how turd DBGT is....also THE END!!!!!!!
Night ride back row on Inferno was amazing!

See you all next time, probably not at Thorpe.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I’m glad to hear that those who attended seem to have enjoyed themselves. It’s a shame that GhosterForce doesn’t seem to have drawn the numbers this year, but it is what it is. To be fair, sometimes the smaller groups can be the most entertaining.

I wish I’d been in a position to head down and join in, but by the time the event was confirmed, I just couldn’t justify the cost this time around. Anyway, hopefully I’ll get the chance to catch up with most of you down the road in 2023.