What's new

CWOA | Mandrill Mayhem (World of Jumanji) | B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

Matt N

CF Legend
Yeah, exactly this. I’ve heard of a possible light /mist/fire show on the Jaguar Shrine so that would all be controlled from one place.
Oh wow; that sounds impressive! If the fire, screens, mist etc on the Wicker Man structure at Alton Towers are anything to go by, then that should be a real spectacle!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Going back to the back-to-back seating idea, whilst it certainly increases the capacity of the train, that doesn't necessarily translate to a higher throughput.

By doubling the number of seats, you're doubling the number of people who need to enter and exit the station. Wing coasters are a faff to load and unload at the best of times; imagining 24 people trying to leave and 24 people trying to enter (of which, many will be kids/families) just sounds like a colossal nightmare.

Realistically, whilst back-to-back seats would increase capacity and a theoretical throughput, I don't think it would have a significant impact on an actual throughput.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
You’re not the first to suggest that. The only issue with it is that the rides station doesn’t look tall enough. With the floor going in already, there’s a clear pit formed with a station floor either side. So whilst a cool idea, I can’t see it being the case.
Yeah, I had a second look at the station and went "there goes my hopes & dreams". Will be highly interesting to see what they even do to solve capacity, if they even do so

Bentleya

Mega Poster
In terms of doubling up the seating; the potential for over 2,400kg of additional weight is going to have a massive impact on the engineering aspect of the ride design and the additional stress from the load would pretty much rule making the train carry more guests.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm assuming this "17 million budget" includes things like increased labour costs, F&B upkeep, marketing and all that too?

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm assuming this "17 million budget" includes things like increased labour costs, F&B upkeep, marketing and all that too?
Probably, yes. Merlin tend to include every single cost in their advertised budget (so they advertise the overall project cost), whereas other parks might not (I think most other parks just tend to advertise the cost of the stuff that can be tangibly experienced by the guest e.g. ride hardware, theming).

Last edited:

Lukas D

Roller Poster
Here's a late-night thought on Wardley's comment: Does the mere fact that this shuttle has got launches instead of lift hills count as a "very clever" solution to the capacity issue?

Rupert

Mega Poster
With all those supports on-site it can't be long before it goes vertical, but I can't see it being open for the start of next season.
Why not? There are over 6 months to go, and they’re making good progress. Sure it’ll slow down in winter but it will be a quick coaster to assemble given its short length, then a few months for landscaping and remaining theming.