What's new

CWOA | Mandrill Mayhem (World of Jumanji) | B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

Lukas D

Roller Poster
So far no imagery whatsoever of what the trains are supposed to look like. If you go down the track in both directions anyway, why not just put seats on the front AND back of each car?

spicy

Giga Poster
Can they be any more cryptic? So annoying to have press conferences that leave more questions than answers. New coaster is innovative and unique. Wow. Loading mechanism is a world first. Wow. Argh.

Yea surely the next question should have been are you able to elaborate further on the loading? Surely it can’t be that secretive?

I know Merlin love a World’s first but World’s first loading procedure on a shuttle coaster is even a stretch for them.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Have we considered that we're looking toooooo bigger picture here? and actually the capacity solving is rather than having what is generally a standard 2 seater row, to solve this issue they're using wing trains which are 4 seater? Sure John talks about it quite non-chalantly, but isn't it still to be officially announced as a wing coaster(?) and he talks about the feat of incorporating such a big ride type into limited space with the infrastructure it requires...
I've seen some crude sketches on twitter of seats facing back to back, so each arm has 4 seats, or 8 seats a car.... but knowing it's merlin i wouldnt be surprised if the solution they have found is to just use a 4 seater rather than a 2 seater ride type?

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
What if each side of the track (each wing, per say) is a separate train and can operate independently of the other side?
Wouldn’t that make the capacity the same? 12 per minute (the length of a cycle) leads to the same throughput as 24 every 2 minutes.

Or am I missing something from your suggestion? Apologies if I am…

emoo

Hyper Poster
You'd absolutely want a 3rd flying seat for that.

Plonk a 4th standing on top for a wind walker experience. Need a bit more clearance though so perhaps a later revision.

Matt N

CF Legend
The theory about back to back seats seems very plausible to me. It would explain Wardley’s comments without applying any contrived theories about additional trains and fancy loading systems, thus fitting with what we already know from the planning application about it only having one train. This seating arrangement would also make a huge amount of sense for a shuttle coaster.

Let me ask you this; if Wardley had simply wanted to say something positive about the ride while being dismayed with its low capacity, surely he would simply have focused on something else rather than blatantly lied about the capacity? The question wasn’t about capacity, so he didn’t really have to give a capacity-based answer if he hadn’t wanted to.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
ee97b18cef16c25eea7f8fd2c97bf2bb.jpg

I present to you: Chessington and B&M's solution to the capacity problem. Combining wing seats facing both backwards and forwards, stand-up seats facing both backwards and forwards, and a flying seats underneath.
😮

Looks slow.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
The theory about back to back seats seems very plausible to me. It would explain Wardley’s comments without applying any contrived theories about additional trains and fancy loading systems, thus fitting with what we already know from the planning application about it only having one train. This seating arrangement would also make a huge amount of sense for a shuttle coaster.

Let me ask you this; if Wardley had simply wanted to say something positive about the ride while being dismayed with its low capacity, surely he would simply have focused on something else rather than blatantly lied about the capacity? The question wasn’t about capacity, so he didn’t really have to give a capacity-based answer if he hadn’t wanted to.
I wouldn’t say it’s actually that plausible to be honest, due to the sheer weight of the train were this to be the case. Wing coaster trains are already very heavy for a coaster train; adding 4 extra seats + the mechanisms for them + the extra distancing you’d need to place between the rows to compensate for leg room would kibosh this sorta thing.