What's new

Parque Warner Madrid | Gotham City Escape | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

jasone

Roller Poster
Yeah, speaking as someone with experience riding poles, this one does look rather nice tbh

Hahaha, i second that! 😅 Perhaps rather large though...😱

Anyway, i know i don't post much but following this one pretty closely. It got me at launch 3! It's looking like this might steal some of the limelight from Toutatis which i was not expecting at all! It's hard to tell what scale we're looking at from the pictures, about a similar height/speed to Toutatis, or too difficult to tell at this point?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hahaha, i second that! 😅 Perhaps rather large though...😱
Agreed, not the sort of intensity I'm looking for ;)

Didn't actually realise how big the site was until seeing that video, room for some (potentially) good stuff! Kind of hoping it turns out good so I have an excuse to go, does anyone know if it's an easy park to get to?

bratcurry

Mega Poster
Kind of hoping it turns out good so I have an excuse to go, does anyone know if it's an easy park to get to?
Sadly, it's abysmal to get to with public transport. There's no direct connection from Madrid, you need to get a train to an suburb of Madrid and from there take a bus that's departing from 1km away from the train station. And the bus won't accept any cards. It's really miserable and I would always take a rental if I'd chose to go again to Warner.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Sadly, it's abysmal to get to with public transport. There's no direct connection from Madrid, you need to get a train to an suburb of Madrid and from there take a bus that's departing from 1km away from the train station. And the bus won't accept any cards. It's really miserable and I would always take a rental if I'd chose to go again to Warner.
Unless it's changed from 2018, thought the bus left straight from the station? (or at least the road outside). Not too dissimilar to Thorpe's shuttle bus.

Granted it is a pain not having the direct connection, especially when a disused railway runs over the car park ...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Yeah I went a few years back and found it really easy and well signposted from Madrid on public transport.

Got the train direct to the nearby station from a big central station in Madrid. And there was a quick and easy shuttle bus from there directly to the park gate. (Needed a bit of pocket change to pay for the bus but that's not a difficult thing to do)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah I went a few years back and found it really easy and well signposted from Madrid on public transport.

Got the train direct to the nearby station from a big central station in Madrid. And there was a quick and easy shuttle bus from there directly to the park gate. (Needed a bit of pocket change to pay for the bus but that's not a difficult thing to do)
This is exactly what I did. It was a doddle, albeit a long day in the sun!

Although that was 2016, so idea what it's like now. :D

Last edited:

coasteroller_

Roller Poster
It is easy to go to Warner from Madrid centre. Just take a metro to any of the 3 big train stations (Chamartin, Nuevos Ministerios and Atocha). Once at the train station you take the train to Aranjuez. Aranjuez is the end of the line but you have to get off at Pinto (the town where I live). From Atocha to Pinto is like 25 mins. Just in front of the station there is a bus queue (1 min walk) and it is a direct bus which takes 10-15 minutes and costs very little money.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Oh no, another reason to go back to Madrid, what a shame.....

This definitely opening next season do we reckon?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
So, I guess the top hat will be the first element to go up for two reasons:
- Since it sits at the end of Hollywood Boulevard having the tallest and most eye-catching element of your new coasters serves as a marketing tool
- Being right in the middle of the park, it's better to get that layout section done and work your way back to the station.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
It looks like the construction crew isn't taking their daily siesta.
The pace of construction is very good.

And on a Spanish forum the members thought Parque Warner Madrid would not be able to open this coaster in 2023, because at Parc Asterix construction for the track of Toutatis was already done and in Madrid they still had to start vertical construction.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Must admit this park has never been on my radar until now. The B&M's look good but dated and hardly unique.

Its fantastic to see parks on the continent upping their game and building modern airtime focused rides. Helix was thr possible catalyst and since then we've seen...

Taron
Taiga
Untamed
Wildfire
Kondaa
RTH
Hyperion
Zadra

And now there's this and the Parc Asterix equivalent.

Wonder when the UK will catch on? Blackpool had the right idea with Icon in fairness but it was poorly executed.