What's new

Efteling | Spookslot Replacement | Intamin Dynamic Motion Stage | 2024

Knortie307

Roller Poster
Symbolica's building is 30m tall I believe (or at least, they pushed that during construction). So I don't think we can read too much into it
yes thats true but most of the ride takes place in the rocks of the building so yeah i think they need to go up because if the building gets to big is another green box like fabula because they are going to need to cut down trees there to get a good construction site

Matt N

CF Legend
I heard that an Intamin Ultra Tower was rumoured not too long ago, and that would match up with the 1,250pph throughput the park has talked about, but I’m admittedly not sure how tall those are…

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Looking forward to seeing what this. I read some of the comments before seeing the clip and wondered if it was going to be something overly ominous, but in the end I found the clip a little playful with its themes rather than ‘dark’ - we had wiggling gravestones (one with musical notes on it, the other referencing a violin), mist and the black cat. All very ‘spooky-ooooookie’ (which I like).

I guess that this ‘Jozef’ guy is going to feature since his name is on one of the graves in the clip and in the concept art.

Ideally, not to screen-based, please!

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I heard that an Intamin Ultra Tower was rumoured not too long ago, and that would match up with the 1,250pph throughput the park has talked about, but I’m admittedly not sure how tall those are…
Ooh, a good shout! These look super fun

Dar

Hyper Poster
The product page on their website: https://www.intamin.com/product/ultra-tower/ refers to "High positive g-forces during the ascent" .
Is that marketing for "not quite a space shot, but not to be sniffed at either"?

I wonder if it would be possible to have a section of the screen actually be a scrim that hides a physical set, a nice 'Efteling'-style graveyard, coupled with some clever projection mapping (depending on how good the projection setup is)?

Knortie307

Roller Poster
The product page on their website: https://www.intamin.com/product/ultra-tower/ refers to "High positive g-forces during the ascent" .
Is that marketing for "not quite a space shot, but not to be sniffed at either"?

I wonder if it would be possible to have a section of the screen actually be a scrim that hides a physical set, a nice 'Efteling'-style graveyard, coupled with some clever projection mapping (depending on how good the projection setup is)?

Yeah i was thinking something like that. but they always can dig down.

Ries

Mega Poster
they said the building would be 20 meters tall, so yeah what kind of ride can we expect . maybe a small indoor droptower? like phantasialand.

The current tower of the building 'Spookslot' is 20 meters tall.
But in the future, according to the plans, it won't be just the tower. But an octagonal decagon building with the height of 20 meters.
See here: link to Birdseye concept

On Dutch fora it is rumoured to be the Dome Ride Theatre.
Also sort of acknowledged by the designers in the Fan Media meet-up, that there will be animatronics.
I hope that this is true and we see less screens.

Knortie307

Roller Poster
0607dansendansendansen.jpg

New look at the building! found on: https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/199...-nieuwe-Efteling-attractie-Danse-Macabre.html

cookie

Giga Poster
According to everyone’s favourite Dutch website, this is purportedly what Danse Macabre will look like:

1655116847069.jpeg

It’s essentially a similar experience to the original Spookslot, except guests sit on a platform that rises, tilts, and drops in rhythm with the music. Along with new show scenes with a heavy emphasis on physical sets, elements from the original Spookslot such as the haunted violin will return with updated effects. A ghost conductor originally envisioned for Spookslot, but scrapped due to cost, is set to be realised for Danse Macabre as well.

Source:

Last edited:

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
It’s definitely not a variation of an Ultra tower if that image is to go by. Looks more like one large simulator platform on a solid base, rather than 2/4 simulator platforms attached to a drop ride system.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hmmm ok, I'm definitely more curious now. Glad they are (rumoured to be) focusing on sets over screens, this could be something really fun and quirky.

cocoa

Mega Poster
hmm, that looks like it could be really fun. especially if it is indeed sets and not screens. a cool concept for sure