What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

rob666

Hyper Poster
I recently discovered a tape measure that was only in inches...
Came from our friends "over the water".

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If that's not the norm in your industry then all I can say is I envy you - every bolt specified where I work is an imperial diameter with metric length, Nominal Pipe Sizes in inches but any actual measurements in mm, imperial pressure classes with maximum pressure given in Bar etc etc!
Oh... I'm definitely blessed then. :D

Niles

Giga Poster
The retheme of Expedition Zork at Toverland is really starting to come together:
FPpy3h_WUAE4Sut

FPpy9kBXMAAT8CO

FPpy-dnWYAMEpkW

FPpy6OHXEAUT3Yn

Source

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Dunno if this deserves its own thread but London is finally getting its own FEC with a coaster, in Camden. Good news I have a new home park, bad news they seem extremely tight lipped on what the coaster is and when exactly it's opening, though I would assume "later this spring" would be mid-May.

Although the cluelessness of what the coaster is intrigues me heavily. Would be really fun avoiding everything and then walking up to an inevitable SBF F1 Vortex. I think some people are right in avoiding everything about parks in order to experience them as blindly as possible...

Christian

Hyper Poster
The Swedish king has personally stopped the sale of 1000 sqm of land to Gröna Lund. This plot is right next to the land that Gröna Lund already own. It is the land next to the water. The Swedish monarch has since the 1400s personally owned most of the island on which Gröna Lund is situated. It is called Kungliga Djurgården (kungliga means royal). It is also Sweden's most exclusive area with greatly powerful people living there. These people have complained about Gröna Lund's expansion plan. These complaints made the Land and Environmental Court disapprove Gröna Lund's expansion earlier this year due to it's "negative impact on the area". However the local politicians ignored the court and let Gröna Lund continue with their plans.

The king had previously said he would approve the land sale but has now personally intervened to stop it. However, he will allow Gröna Lund to rent the land. This is problematic as the rental agreement needs to be approved by the Land and Environmental Court (the same court which was against Gröna Lund a couple months ago). The court should present their judgement by the end of the spring.

Source: https://www.svd.se/a/47A6X9/kungen-satter-stopp-for-grona-lunds-planer

I personally don't think the court will let Gröna Lund use those 1000 sqm by the water and this will send Gröna Lund back to the drawing board to design a new expansion plan using only the land they already own. Pretty sad. Honestly, I don't get why we have a king. He is utterly useless and completely out of touch. He only cares about a couple of his friends living in their huge mansions on Djurgården while ignoring the millions who would enjoy a new Gröna Lund expansion. Would be a great thing to get rid of him and let Gröna Lund expand. I WANT THAT NEW COASTER!

Edit: Am I the first one inciting revolution for a coaster? Lol, a goon is a goon.

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Lakeside Amusement Park in Denver has been hit with a major lawsuit by a guest claiming to have broken his wrist awhile ago on the coaster's track. The lawsuit alleges that the coaster's restraints weren't working and that the staff weren't trained properly. It's not great stuff for a park that's just barely hanging on financially; https://denver.cbslocal.com/2022/04/14/lakeside-amusement-park-roller-coaster-lawsuit/

Coincidentally, the guest in question just so happens to be a known coaster enthusiast and former YouTuber.

Last edited:

Christian

Hyper Poster
Lakeside Amusement Park in Denver has been hit with a major lawsuit by a guest claiming to have broken his wrist awhile ago on the coaster's track. The lawsuit alleges that the coaster's restraints weren't working and that the staff weren't trained properly. It's not great stuff for a park that's just barely hanging on financially; https://denver.cbslocal.com/2022/04/14/lakeside-amusement-park-roller-coaster-lawsuit/

Coincidentally, the guest in question just so happens to be a known coaster enthusiast and former YouTuber.

I don't get how a restraint that does not hold the hands (lap bar) was not functioning properly. The restraint was never meant to hold his hands and for 80 years it hasn't really been a issue.

It seems like such an American thing to sue for everything. I have also broken arms and worse but I don't sue the establishment I was at for my ignorance.

opivy028

Mega Poster
Honestly, I don't get why we have a king. He is utterly useless and completely out of touch. He only cares about a couple of his friends living in their huge mansions on Djurgården while ignoring the millions who would enjoy a new Gröna Lund expansion. Would be a great thing to get rid of him and let Gröna Lund expand. I WANT THAT NEW COASTER!
No gods no masters 😎

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
And the infamous locals from Walibi Belgium are back! This time they appealed the newest enviromental permit from April 1st 2022. Those lovely locals want the park to scrap their night openings, fireworks and noise standards to be lowered during day and nighttime.

To be continued!
Do you have a source for this by any chance? Am itching to read this up.

davidm

Strata Poster
Not sure this has come up on here anywhere else, but the nasty right-wing politicians in charge of nasty right-wing Florida are currently having a pissing-contest with Disney, triggered by Disney (eventually, when pressed by their employees and customers) speaking out against the nasty right-wing politicians policies discriminating against LGBT youth.

American politics is just horrible, my sympathies to everyone suffering under it. :(
UK politics is not far behind but we can still save it I think (I hope).