What's new

Six Flags Qiddiya| Saudi Arabia | Theme Park

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The fact that this might actually happen is nuts. Though, maybe not, considering that Riyadh has about 8 million people and there is no competition outside of the UAE which is a 2 hour flight away.
That also means that the existing "culture" for theme parks is pretty much zero, and it remains to be seen how attractive it will be in the long run. The Dubai - Abu Dhabi area also has about 8 million people (and a buttload of tourists) and a park featuring the world's fastest rollercoaster, and its parks still aren't doing particularly well for it.

That's why I'm kinda baffled why they choose to build this. Theme parks haven't been a smashing success in the UAE, even those that feature record-breaking rollercoasters, and the desert of Riyadh isn't really conducive to outdoor activities. It will take quite a shift of the population's attitudes to make a lot of money from this.

Christian

Hyper Poster
That also means that the existing "culture" for theme parks is pretty much zero, and it remains to be seen how attractive it will be in the long run. The Dubai - Abu Dhabi area also has about 8 million people (and a buttload of tourists) and a park featuring the world's fastest rollercoaster, and its parks still aren't doing particularly well for it.

That's why I'm kinda baffled why they choose to build this. Theme parks haven't been a smashing success in the UAE, even those that feature record-breaking rollercoasters, and the desert of Riyadh isn't really conducive to outdoor activities. It will take quite a shift of the population's attitudes to make a lot of money from this.

This park is not being built to make money. It is built as a marketing tool for Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia are currently undergoing an absolutely massive marketing campaign to attract a premium tourist clientele. That's why they in my opinion built the best and most extravagant pavilion at the EXPO2020. They are not that good at marketing and murdering people around the world doesn't really improve their image but they are trying and spending boat loads of money on it.

Saudi does not have a coaster culture. Saudi adults probably wont care too much about this park but the kids who grow up watching Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon will. Their parents might take them ones per year and eventually they will like it and in the future maybe take their own kids ones per month. Slowly we will see a generation of Saudi coaster enthusiasts.

Many Saudis travel regularly to Dubai to party and drink (punishable by flogging in Saudi) maybe on their trips there they might have experienced theme parks and started liking it.

By the way, do we have any Saudi members here? Would be great if you would give your ideas of this park.

Last edited:

Rzx

Roller Poster
This park is not being built to make money. It is built as a marketing tool for Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia are currently undergoing an absolutely massive marketing campaign to attract a premium tourist clientele. That's why they in my opinion built the best and most extravagant pavilion at the EXPO2020. They are not that good at marketing and murdering people around the world doesn't really improve their image but they are trying and spending boat loads of money on it.

Saudi does not have a coaster culture. Saudi adults probably wont care too much about this park but the kids who grow up watching Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon will. Their parents might take them ones per year and eventually they will like it and in the future maybe take their own kids ones per month. Slowly we will see a generation of Saudi coaster enthusiasts.

Many Saudis travel regularly to Dubai to party and drink (punishable by flogging in Saudi) maybe on their trips there they might have experienced theme parks and started liking it.

By the way, do we have any Saudi members here? Would be great if you would give your ideas of this park.
Yes I'm from Saudi Arabia , I'm very excited about the park as a coaster enthusiast the park is 30 minutes away from me when it's open

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
This is a very cool look at the BTS of a theme park and how 'tis developed! It's got the furniture to the landscaping to the rock work, it's a gargantuan process and honestly that surprised me more than any of whats added here...
Also what do ya'll think that lil' coaster (in comparison to Falcons Flight 😂) next to the drop tower and FF, not the one that looks like TTD but the one that has a lift hill, is?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Theres a few things we can note.

Spitfire - The TTD style ride has a reverse spike and an airtime hill on the launch track.
TTD Reverse SPike2.JPGTTD Reverse SPike.JPG

There appears to be a twin launched coaster possibly a Jet Ski coaster around the entrance lagoon and the log flume
Jetski2.JPGJetski1.JPG
The Vekoma tilt coaster layout has completely changed and now has a twisted drop compared to the Vekoma video seen before. The layout is a lot more out ant back too
Tilt1.JPG

This seems to be a custom layout Vekoma suspended coaster, The supports on the plan seem to show a suspended at least
Suspended2.JPGSuspended1.JPG

The other coasters are all there
Mack Water Coaster

Mack Water Coaster.JPG

Woodie
Woodie.JPG

And of course the ridiculous Intamin Exa Coaster (As its marked on the map)

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
So is Exo Coaster the buzzword for 500+ft in the vein that strata coaster is for 400+ft, giga coaster is for 300+ft and hyper coaster is for 200+ft?

I thought it was going to be polercoaster, if ever 500ft was reached, but clearly that was just the ride type being proposed for Florida.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I'll admit that it's always irked me slightly that the hierarchy of coaster height labels never followed the same pattern as byte quantities (megabyte, gigabyte, terabyte, petabyte, exabyte etc.), which I guess it kind of started to, what with mega coasters at 200ft (although this one is admittedly less used than hyper coaster) and giga coasters at 300ft. It would have been really satisfying to me to have 400+ft coasters be teracoasters and 500+ft coasters to be petacoasters and so on... does that sound really weird?

The ride looks nuts, though! And to be honest, the park looks to have a pretty great and well-rounded ride lineup!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Thought I'd point out it's actually Exa, not Exo.

e37a7d0e6118451e636252f0c676c754.png

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
So is Exo Coaster the buzzword for 500+ft in the vein that strata coaster is for 400+ft, giga coaster is for 300+ft and hyper coaster is for 200+ft?

I thought it was going to be polercoaster, if ever 500ft was reached, but clearly that was just the ride type being proposed for Florida.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I'll admit that it's always irked me slightly that the hierarchy of coaster height labels never followed the same pattern as byte quantities (megabyte, gigabyte, terabyte, petabyte, exabyte etc.), which I guess it kind of started to, what with mega coasters at 200ft (although this one is admittedly less used than hyper coaster) and giga coasters at 300ft. It would have been really satisfying to me to have 400+ft coasters be teracoasters and 500+ft coasters to be petacoasters and so on... does that sound really weird?

The ride looks nuts, though! And to be honest, the park looks to have a pretty great and well-rounded ride lineup!
I thought this many years back but then it occured to me naming them like bytes as you say doesn't work.

Mega, giga tera etc etc aren't just for bytes obviously, they standard metric SI measurements and are used in all sorts of scientific measurements, you can have Giga Liters and Tera Ohms for example.

The SI measurement system however is logarithmic. So if we assume a mega coaster is 200ft (I'll ignore that ft is imperial for a moment) then the scale would look like this.

Kilo Coaster - 0.2ft
Mega Coaster - 200ft
Giga Coaster - 200,000ft (37.8miles)
Tera Coaster - 200,000,000ft (1.3 times the circumference of the planet)

Might as well stick with the system we have. Embrace the chaos.😈

----------------------

Anyway having re looked at the concept art and the leaked image the ride does still seem to match up with a straight tilt drop into the immelmen which then angles left into the mostly out and back layout. There just appears to be some themeing on the tilt section in the plans
1649194931584.png
Tilt1.JPG

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
Do the plans for the ”exacoaster” still call for that ”I got bored with building normal rides on Planet Coaster”-style tunnel drop down the quarry wall? I see they’ve ditched the immelmann near the park entrance in favor of a MF-style overbank, though.

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ I was wondering the same. I was also wondering where the supposed "tallest coaster in the world" bit is in the ride. If it's that huge airtime hill, I get it, but if it's that drop off the quarry, surely it wouldn't technically be that far off the ground?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Someone posted a couple of really well overlayed images to Reddit and you can really see how the park layout is impossibly, slowly taking shape. Use the trucks and construction equipment onsite to understand the sheer scale of these pits.
a03u6wqf6yr81.jpg
Additional points; The massive central pit is what's going to become a colossal foundation for the Sirocco Tower (very tall), and you can see that they've already done some clearing on the clifftop for Falcon's Flight. The fact that there's actually visible progress for this proposed coaster is scary. Whether it happens or not, they're dead serious about making PlanCo: The Ride reality.

Attachments

• 9y16q7qf6yr81.jpg
    9y16q7qf6yr81.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited: