What's new

Gardaland | Jumanji: The Adventure | Unknown | 2022

Matt N

CF Legend
Ooh, so it’s going to be somewhat similar to Spider-Man, then? Encouraging to see Merlin taking a punt on that ride system!

I’m making that assumption because I think I heard it said that the ride would be a motion base dark ride in a previous press release somewhere.

In other news, the budget has been confirmed as €20million.

Last edited:

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
€20million should get a fairly decent experience, as they won't be having 'build' the actual building it's going into as that's already there. Although I'm sure the ride system will be taking a fair chunk of that budget (as well as IP costs), there should still be a good chunk for themeing. Gardaland is a lovely park, but it seems to swing between highly themed areas and other areas that are very lacking. Hopefully this will set a new standard...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
A Press Release about this: https://www.merlinentertainments.bi...s-join-forces-to-bring-jumanji-brand-to-life/

-Merlin are working with Oceaneering on the ride
-Framework are creating the VFX
-Another Jumanji "activation" at a different theme park for 2023 (I wonder where.....)
-Possibly more Jumanji attractions at other Merlin locations
-Jumanji themed rooms at the hotel

Merlin are definitely going all in on the Jumanji

WC90

Roller Poster
Ooh, so it’s going to be somewhat similar to Spider-Man, then? Encouraging to see Merlin taking a punt on that ride system!

I’m making that assumption because I think I heard it said that the ride would be a motion base dark ride in a previous press release somewhere.

In other news, the budget has been confirmed as €20million.
Thats.... actually a really impressive budget. I'm glad that there's been a pattern of investment back into the resorts since their buyout.
€20million should get a fairly decent experience, as they won't be having 'build' the actual building it's going into as that's already there. Although I'm sure the ride system will be taking a fair chunk of that budget (as well as IP costs), there should still be a good chunk for themeing. Gardaland is a lovely park, but it seems to swing between highly themed areas and other areas that are very lacking. Hopefully this will set a new standard...

raptor in 2011? 20 MILLIONS
The mini dive in 2015? 20 MILLIONS
legoland (fantasy kingdom destroyer) mini park? 20 MILLIONS
Now they declare OVER 20 millions.
It's hard to believe those scammers' numbers.
In the last few years italian parks fight with bull****s and inflated numbers. Even mirabilandia:
divertical in 2012: 20 millions
ducati world in 2019: 25 MILLIONS!

Lofty

CF Legend
Futura Form have released some images from a scene within the ride:

Article here

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm really interested to see how that spiders scene looks in show conditions. The theming doesn't look to go that high off the ground, and yet it seems like one of the key parts of that scene is spiders descending from above? So a curious design there.

A shame I probably won't find out mind, given I'll have my eyes shut very tightly during that scene...

bearing

Roller Poster
I'm really interested to see how that spiders scene looks in show conditions. The theming doesn't look to go that high off the ground, and yet it seems like one of the key parts of that scene is spiders descending from above? So a curious design there.

A shame I probably won't find out mind, given I'll have my eyes shut very tightly during that scene...
They do come down a lot and they rest somewhat in front of the rock work so you don't really notice the missing scenery.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ I have to agree with the comment above. It does look decent actually, far from perfect but still looks very entertaining. If only DBGT was at a similar level to this.

WC90

Roller Poster

Ok, there were technical problems in this video but it shows how this crap is far from "perfection".
Over 20 millions? AHAHAHAHAH