What's new

IAAPA 2021

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I’ll answer both points!

I’m not there primarily because I didn’t want to risk travel/quarantine. Secondly, I also had a gut feeling it wouldn’t be as packed as previous years, so not worth the trip over. And lastly, when I travel over to Orlando, I want to try out the new coasters, so with most of the new ones not opening until 2022, I decided to give 2021 a miss.

As for AF1 train, it just grates my eyeballs. Is it supposed to look like a paper plane? There something incredibly uninspiring about it. The colour, the front design and the control panel looks like one of those decal stickers you’d see on a kids toy. To me it doesn’t look very stylish or engineered, seems unfinished. One plus point is it is on point with Fun Spot’s branding. Perhaps it’ll look better when it’s whizzing around the track.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Because its a horrible front car. It looks like a cross between a snow plow and Flight Of The Navigator.

View attachment 14565View attachment 14566

WOW, I actually kinda liked it, and was trying to remember what it reminded me of!!! Now you've totally killed it, nailed it, but killed it nonetheless.

Yeh, it doesn't fit the theme at all... Not that I am entirely sure what that is anyway, what on earth is Arieforce?

See ya later, navigator!!!

emoo

Hyper Poster
I'm fine with the shaping of the car, something a bit different. The patriotism overlay is a bit overwhelming but expected, will likely do a decent job of attracting regional guests. The ride itself makes me want to fly internationally to Atlanta at the double - that lift hill/stall combo structure is a wonderful thing to reproduce.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Yeh, it doesn't fit the theme at all... Not that I am entirely sure what that is anyway, what on earth is Arieforce?
Apparently, it's a portmanteau of "Air Force One" and the name of the guy who runs the park.

... or it's named after his father, in which case it's less of a monumental ego stroke and more of a touching gesture, but still ... putting the name of the presidential aircraft next to your own on a big whooping coaster ... well, at least he's living the dream.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Few mins until the big Gerst announcement.

I've done some very basic number crunching: Looking at the Expo stats for this year compared to 2019, approx calculations - 300 fewer exhibitors, down 8,000 buyers and 16,000 fewer registered attendees. Damn pandemic.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
how many days until they put some mesh thing over the road... zero?
Wasn't today going to be when Zamperla announced the new Volare?

EDIT: Yeah. Today was supposed to have announcements for a Triotech ride at Niagara, a new VR coaster, Palindrome and the 2 new Zamperla models. Of those, we've only gotten news about one of the 2 new Zamperla models and Palindrome. Something's not right.

EDIT 2: Turns out CF twitter DID get the news for the new Triotech ride. Here it is:

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
EDIT: Yeah. Today was supposed to have announcements for a Triotech ride at Niagara, a new VR coaster, Palindrome and the 2 new Zamperla models. Of those, we've only gotten news about one of the 2 new Zamperla models and Palindrome. Something's not right.
1. Niagara Falls guy here, Clifton Hill is super tight on space, looks like the the Speedway arcade area will be biting the bullet for this barely-crammed-in attraction. Triotech already has two attractions here, one a simulator in the Great Canadian Midway arcade and the Zombie Attack in 2017 (very uneven but with an insane ending jumpscare). Both are XD motion simulator theatres with similar hardware, and the GCM Midway already has a classic shooting dark ride, but nethertheless this is a very welcome addition to the area. Can't wait to try it out next summer.

2. We got news about the Family Launch Coaster and the 196' tall Zetta Swing model. I'm fairly certain by now that the whole Volare 2.0 thing was a red herring;

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend