What's new

Gardaland | Jumanji: The Adventure | Unknown | 2022

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster

Matt N

CF Legend
If it’s anything to go by, the Theme Park Tourist article says that it’s “a dark ride for adventure lovers of all ages”. Which to me would suggest a dark ride as opposed to a coaster.

Matt N

CF Legend
Head Merlin creative John Burton is the creative lead for this project, and rather intriguingly, he’s referred to it as “[their] largest dark ride to date”:
If he’s referring to Merlin’s largest dark ride to date, then could this top DBGT at Thorpe in budget, scale or both?

I’m also quite intrigued to see what ride system this is using; if it’s anything to go by, the promo image shows a car seating 5 people (so possibly a 6-seater?)…

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Moved to Other Ride Construction, since this subforum could use some more activity.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
This looks............non interactive!! (I suppose GG is as well) but colour me intrigued, I love a dark ride, Although I'm not holding my expectations too high being Merlin, Im expecting lots of screens!

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
Looks like it may well be one of these contraptions. Especially as Merlin have been working closely with Garmendale over the past few years.

Matt N

CF Legend
Looks like it may well be one of these contraptions. Especially as Merlin have been working closely with Garmendale over the past few years.
I’d be surprised if it was Garmendale, personally. I’m not ruling them out, as they look to have some good stuff on offer, but it’s worth noting that Gangsta Granny was a low investment year for Towers, while this is a much larger-scale ride, and almost definitely a major investment year for Gardaland, so the budget will almost definitely be higher.

As I say, though, I’m not ruling them out; I’m open to surprises!
EDIT: Now you mention it, that car does look very similar to the one in the promo image. Sorry…

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Huge stone monster animatronic unveiled for the new dark ride..... great to see real animatronics/practical effects beging used, makes me more excited for this project... Is the creature actually featured in the movie franchise - or a unique creation?

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Great to see that Merlin are stepping up the game with gigantic animatronics. Its a rarity for them to develop dark rides that aren't media attractions so I was expecting projected models and screens.

Ethan

Strata Poster
looks fun... although I hate those 'cut in half' aesthetic wheels...... I hope it's dark enough inside that its not really noticeable.... but I can't unsee them!
Was about to say this too.

I mean, the cars look... Alright? I guess? Trailer is also so bad though, that somehow I can't even hate it!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This was posted by the park a few days ago but seems to have slipped under the radar (which potentially is quite telling), but there's some behind the scenes photos here (so light spoilers):

Gives a look at some theming and a feel for the ride system.

Something random which jumped out to me is how the ride cars have number plates spelling out "JUM 4NJ1", but they're very much UK styled, as opposed to something more fitting (eg Italian or American). I guess it could be an 'Easter Egg' if the ride manufacturer - which I don't think has been confirmed? - turns out to be British (eg Garmendale or Simworx).
Bit odd, but ultimately inconsequential.

Matt N

CF Legend
This was posted by the park a few days ago but seems to have slipped under the radar (which potentially is quite telling), but there's some behind the scenes photos here (so light spoilers):

Gives a look at some theming and a feel for the ride system.

Something random which jumped out to me is how the ride cars have number plates spelling out "JUM 4NJ1", but they're very much UK styled, as opposed to something more fitting (eg Italian or American). I guess it could be an 'Easter Egg' if the ride manufacturer - which I don't think has been confirmed? - turns out to be British (eg Garmendale or Simworx).
Bit odd, but ultimately inconsequential.
I believe the manufacturer was confirmed as Garmendale, wasn’t it? I seem to remember their Motion Master ride system being touted as what they were using here, but don’t quote me on that.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I believe the manufacturer was confirmed as Garmendale, wasn’t it? I seem to remember their Motion Master ride system being touted as what they were using here, but don’t quote me on that.

I don't think it's even "officially" confirmed to be Garmendale anywhere. Could be wrong, but I haven't seen anything except rumour and conjecture. I do think Garmendale is likely, mind, but I'm cautious to say that it is definitely.