What's new

Anqa [Intamin Mega Coaster RLRides] - DOWNLOAD AND VIDEO ONLINE

bob_3_

Giga Poster
So I've come close to finishing my B&M collection and realised I need to break away a little and try and push myself to try some different styles of design. After lookig at Kondaa I was really interesting in the way Intamin do their layouts, how all the hills have their own quirks unlike B&M where it's about uniformity. Also playing around with laterals and unusual forces. I was inspired anyway and starting working on a file a few months ago. Alot wasn't sticking and the openness of the design was quite daunting to making something that paces well but I also wanted it to be aesthetic. Anyway fastforward to a few weeks ago and it started to come together, firstly with reimaging the Non-Inverting-Cobra-Roll into more of a Sea Serpent. I worked with a few people who know Intamin design really well and are big fans of their rides and finally... I have a layout I'm super proud of.

This is Anqa (not a finalised name yet) built in the deserts over in the middle east and named after a mythical bird there. I'm just throwing ideas around with Jay who worked with me on Valley of the Spirits, but I'll share more soon. But for now, here is the layout.

210528-1.jpg

210527-5.jpg

210526-12.jpg

Last edited:

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
This looks great, love the NIRO section! But I’m afraid the time bots have been sent back to kill your mum (and you as a child, to be sure) as a result of your wanton cultural appropriation and non-authorised use of trademarks. If you start to go invisible, you only have yourself to blame. In fact, you’ve probably doomed everyone that’s read this threa -

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This looks great, love the NIRO section! But I’m afraid the time bots have been sent back to kill your mum (and you as a child, to be sure) as a result of your wanton cultural appropriation and non-authorised use of trademarks. If you start to go invisible, you only have yourself to blame. In fact, you’ve probably doomed everyone that’s read this threa -
You okay? :D

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Annd heres a trailer. Just a few thing to look at before releasing but expect one soon. I might take abit of a break after this though.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Anqa-Posterv3.jpg

Intamin Mega Coaster

Background-

Anqa is an Arabian mythical bird with four sets of wings, said to appear before the sun sets. Fly through the desert on this mega coaster packed full of air-time.

Design-

Having spent so many years desiging B&M style rides, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and tackle an Intamin, something that has always been a big challenge for me. After months of drafting and failed attempts, I was inspired by watching the way Kondaa. I wanted to capture the way it flowed so gracefully but also seemed aggressive and unpredictable. Eventually I ended up with this layout, I wanted to make sure it was full of different types of air-time, and it features the worlds first Non-Inverting-Roll-Over (NIRO).

Elements-

144ft Twisted Drop
Outer-banked Top Hat
-1.5G Airtime Hill
Floating Hop
High-Speed Turn
Non-Inverting-Roll-Over (NIRO)
Air-Time Hill
S-Bend
Double-Up Over Bank
Air-Time Hill
Carousel
Lateral Hop
S-Hill
Bunny Hop
Dorito Hill
Bunny Hop
Final Turn
Brakes

Notes-

Massive massive thanks to Antti (fintamin) for guiding me through this process, making me rebuild and rebuild untill it was the best it can be, but also helping me understand what makes Intamin so special with its design.

Also anyone on NLC who has supported what I do, it means alot.

Enjoy, and dont miss out on a back row ride ;)

Anqa-screen3.jpg

Anqa-screen5.jpg

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This was really nice. With a little more basic of a background this could have been one of those Intamin previews from IAAPA back in 2018 (or whenever it was).

I'm not sure about the non-inverting roll-over - I mean, it was perfectly sculpted, but I'm just not sold on the idea. :p I was a big fan of the entrance to it though - the airtime hill into the corner was so fluid and unexpected too.

Brilliant. :)

Ries

Mega Poster
I watch NoLimits creations on YouTube sometimes, during lunch or something.
But I would like to have seen way more of these.

Very good flow in the track. Loads of airtime. The little hump just before the turnaround was a nice detail.
The last section with all the airtime hills going to be ejectors. There is still loads of speed while going through it.
(edit) I don't like twisted first drops, but the rest is so good, it doesn't matter. (/edit)

I actually enjoyed watching this one, I watched it again.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
This was really nice. With a little more basic of a background this could have been one of those Intamin previews from IAAPA back in 2018 (or whenever it was).

I'm not sure about the non-inverting roll-over - I mean, it was perfectly sculpted, but I'm just not sold on the idea. :p I was a big fan of the entrance to it though - the airtime hill into the corner was so fluid and unexpected too.

Brilliant. :)

Haha Hixee! I swear you've disliked all of my "new" elements ='(

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hey! Wait. :p

I liked the Rolling Pretzel and Non-Inverting Loop, I just don't think B&M would build them! I could totally see Intamin building this Non-Inverting Roll-Over, I just don't think I'd like it very much. :D

By no means take my comments as discouragement from keeping up the craziness - it's called NoLimits for a reason!