5. Ride of Steel (Darien Lake)
6. Thunderbolt (Coney Island)
7. Jack Rabbit (Seabreeze)
8. Bobsleds (Seabreeze)
9. Viper (Darien Lake)
10. Tantrum (Darien Lake)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I do think it's genuinely one of the best coasters in the state but it's my history with and nostalgia for the ride that really spring it to it's #1 spot for me.
I only visited the park once a few years ago, but it charmed the socks off me. And I suppose it even evokes nostalgia for me because of its connection to the Matterhorn, a coaster I grew up with.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I only visited the park once a few years ago, but it charmed the socks off me. And I suppose it even evokes nostalgia for me because of its connection to the Matterhorn, a coaster I grew up with.
yeah, I think I like the Matterhorn Bobsleds and Space Mountain at WDW (as well as other old arrows) is that I grew up on the bobsleds and I really enjoy that kind of ride even if some people find them rough.

Bill_Kirbsy

Roller Poster
My state of Iowa is not known for having to much when it comes to roller coasters, and so I only got 5 credits. (6 if you include defuncted)
Fortunately that will change soon, as a new theme park is set to open in a few years. Anyways here is my top 5.

1. Monster

2. Outlaw

3. phoenix

4 Under ground

5. Tornado

(Dragon - Defuncted would be at number 3)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
My state of Iowa is not known for having to much when it comes to roller coasters, and so I only got 5 credits. (6 if you include defuncted)
Fortunately that will change soon, as a new theme park is set to open in a few years. Anyways here is my top 5.

1. Monster

2. Outlaw

3. phoenix

4 Under ground

5. Tornado

(Dragon - Defuncted would be at number 3)
There’s also The Legend at Arnolds Park.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
1. Nemesis
2. The Swarm
3. Saw The Ride
4. The Smiler
5. Wicker Man
6. Stealth
7. Nemesis Inferno
8. Oblivion
9. Icon
10. Big One

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
FYI i have not ridden ICON yet.

But..

1. The Smiler
2. Nemesis
3. Wild Mouse (Defunct)
4. Wicker-Man
5. Nemesis-Inferno
6. Stealth
7. Galactica
8. Oblivion
9. Dragon's Fury
10. Revolution

Albo85

Roller Poster
living in Italy and having only visited Gardaland, Mirabilandia and Cavallino Matto, i will try to do a top 10.

1. i-speed
2. Katun
3. Raptor
4. Oblibion tbh
5. Blue Tornado
6. Shaman
7. Mammut
8. Divertical
9. Freestlyle
10. Kung fu panda Master

I'm sure there are few better one that deserve the top 10 like Altair and Shock also that italian yellow Eurofighter. they all looks amazing but i haven't try 'em yet!

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
Illinois really only has SFGAm as far as notable coaster parks go, so I'm gonna cast my net out a little further to the 5 states that made up the old Northwest Territory from the frontier days of the American Midwest - Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin (collectively known as "the Great Lakes states" these days).

That brings in a pretty solid collection of other coaster parks (including CP, KI, and HW) that will hopefully make the list a bit more interesting than a mere rundown of my top 10 coasters at my home park of SFGAm (which has A LOT of coasters, but not many truly top-tier ones).

1. Steel Vengeance - CP (my overall #1 anywhere)
2. Maverick - CP
3. Voyage - HW
4. Millennium Force - CP
5. Magnum - CP (my all-time favorite coaster for nostalgic reasons)
6. Beast - KI (mainly here for the night ride bonus)
7. Goliath - SFGAm (wonderful at what it does, but they made it too short)
8. Top Thrill Dragster - CP
9. Diamondback - KI
10. Hades 360 - Mt. O. (yeah, the ops and maintenance are horrendous, but the design is utterly brilliant IMO)

it's been many years since i've visited some of these parks, so here are the notable coasters that i have yet to ride:

KI - Orion & Mystic timbers
HW - Thunderbird
Indiana Beach - Drier Looping (obviously)

Last edited: