What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Trax

Hyper Poster
Agreed, wouldn't be the first time an Intamin Blitz eats its wheels :)

The sound sounds more "harsh" than I know it from Taron, but the frequency fits in well, and the bearings are quite tough and should not break after such a short time. That's not a normal sound of that train, that is for sure.

littleLION_XXIX

Roller Poster
Was thinking the exact same thing! I imagine they will for obvious safety concerns, but I also wonder if their rather stringent loose article policy somewhat negates the need for nets. I highly doubt that's the case, but I'd love to keep that view on that pathway.

@velocicoaster hit me in the head with your riders' loose articles queen.
Maybe they don't have to do the nets if they handle the loose articles in a similar way to F.L.Y. because that one hasn't got any nets.
I am not familiar with american/german safety standards though.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I assume it's due to Universal's strict no loose articles policy that they can get away with no nets and on top of that good dispatch intervals. So long as free lockers are provided and the metal detectors screening process is quick, I am more than happy.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I assume it's due to Universal's strict no loose articles policy that they can get away with no nets and on top of that good dispatch intervals. So long as free lockers are provided and the metal detectors screening process is quick, I am more than happy.
Also, don't bet against the nets being a late add to the ride. ;)

To the question on noises, that's good ol' Intamin Blitz coaster wheel play. Here's some off-ride footage of Maverick with a similar high-g banked turn, where you can hear some of the same noise (more pronounced when actually riding)

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Its been confirmed that the lockers will be basically in the station. So unless there will be a metal detector just before you board, I don't see how it will work!

Ries

Mega Poster
Was thinking the exact same thing! I imagine they will for obvious safety concerns, but I also wonder if their rather stringent loose article policy somewhat negates the need for nets. I highly doubt that's the case, but I'd love to keep that view on that pathway.

@velocicoaster hit me in the head with your riders' loose articles queen.

In Europe you don't see nets on coasters. Maybe a few... And some coasters with inversions you can even bring your backpack.
For me, I don't see anything wrong here. 😅

Ethan

Strata Poster
In Europe you don't see nets on coasters. Maybe a few...
I mean I'm not sure that's really true, but ok 😂

I can think of tonnes of coasters with them in Europe. Plus think of coasters like the Smiler which require them to catch flying wheels and all the other various shrapnel which flies off that thing.

Projektion

Mega Poster
As long as it doesn't end up like a certain other Jurassic Park themed coaster...
fe1e3ad11ce105b059ce2e45cd632035.jpg

Ries

Mega Poster
Could be me. But from the testing video's on twitter from the last couple of days: The coaster seems to go faster.
Even in the first half, it looks like that. Could be just the angle of filming. I hope it's true. The first half looked a bit too slow.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yeah it's our excitement (and to think we have the nerve to make fun of kids being overly excited lol) but it was so early. Like how I was like omg that LRod vid looks sooooo slow.... we need to wait for actual POVs to get a good idea :) And of course even those don't always accurately show their feel