What's new

Regina at Tobu Zoo to be revived

peep

CF Legend
I doubt I'll find it now but at the weekend they announced they'll be adding a swinging ship next year.

I know it's not a cred but shows that management might not have quite given up on rides just yet.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
It's not.

White Cyclone was also an Intamin and was pretty awful.

Jupiter is also an Intamin and is one of the worst coasters on the planet.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
Shame as the ones I've done have been decent and some others are supposed to be decent. My second point still stands though as the park seems to have quite a bad rep!

My guess would be it's staying in Japan due to moving costs but I have no actual idea.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Shame as the ones I've done have been decent and some others are supposed to be decent. My second point still stands though as the park seems to have quite a bad rep!

My guess would be it's staying in Japan due to moving costs but I have no actual idea.
Which ones have you done? There's only one outside of Japan (American Eagle, which is ok). These "traditional" Intamin woodies are not the same as the prefab model. At all.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Which ones have you done? There's only one outside of Japan (American Eagle, which is ok). These "traditional" Intamin woodies are not the same as the prefab model. At all.

Just American Eagle of the normal ones but I really liked that. I guess the assumption was that if Intamin are capable of making good ones it could have been good. Heard someone say Regina was decent many years ago but guess it's personal taste haha! Weird someone has bought it if it's a bad ride but then that wouldn't be the first time that has happened. Maybe they can fix it? Lol

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
It seems woodies In Japan haven't aged well in general. I remember reading some rave reviews of Jupiter from when it first opened back in the 90s but as Gavin states it just hasn't aged well at all. (although they did just retrack some of it)

With the exception of the junior Elf at Hirakata, Regina is at least the newest of the Japanese Intamin woodies but it is still 20 years old.

I'd be surprised to see it moved but you never know. Japan has a history of moving coasters around more than most. But they've never done it with a woodie before.
I would assume someone's picked up the trains and will sell the wood for scrap.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Just American Eagle of the normal ones but I really liked that. I guess the assumption was that if Intamin are capable of making good ones it could have been good. Heard someone say Regina was decent many years ago but guess it's personal taste haha! Weird someone has bought it if it's a bad ride but then that wouldn't be the first time that has happened. Maybe they can fix it? Lol
If American Eagle is a good Intamin woodie, then Regina and Jupiter must be a Mean Streak type of rough.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
If American Eagle is a good Intamin woodie, then Regina and Jupiter must be a Mean Streak type of rough.
Never did Mean Streak so that means nothing to me. It's all a matter of opinion though isn't it, hence why I said "I" liked it.

If Regina got good reviews in the 90s maybe an overhaul and retrack could work but it's probably likely they've just bought the control systems and trains.

Kalistos

Mega Poster
The problem of Regina is more it's layout than its shakiness to be fair (although it is a shaky ride, it's not a painful one). You can retrack as much as you want, if your drops don't do anythinkg, if you have almost no airtime and a useless Intamin signature giant helix, you will still have a bad ride. Not sure it's worth investing in it (specially for a park in the shape of Tobu Zoo)