What's new

PowerPark | Pitts Special | Gerstlauer Infinity | 2020

Bluegamesful

Roller Poster
This isn't the same model as Shellraiser though, is it. With the Infinity coaster, a launch and lift hill with lapbars is possible.
It isn’t the same model, but there is no Infinity coaster built so far with both, let alone with lapbars and the space requirements are pretty much the same. Fitting the required magnets, chain dog, anti rollback system, a surface for tires to move along and the lapbar system is quite the task and as I said they weren’t able to do it on Eurofighters, do you have any source for your claim that it is possible with Infinitys? I would love to see it though, this is an interesting project, I guess we will see.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It isn’t the same model, but there is no Infinity coaster built so far with both, let alone with lapbars and the space requirements are pretty much the same. Fitting the required magnets, chain dog, anti rollback system, a surface for tires to move along and the lapbar system is quite the task and as I said they weren’t able to do it on Eurofighters, do you have any source for your claim that it is possible with Infinitys? I would love to see it though, this is an interesting project, I guess we will see.

Gerstlauer literally states on their website that the Infinity coaster can include a lift hill and a launch, with the lap bar restraints as the standard. I mean we don't know for sure 100%, or that this will even be a Junker elongation.

Bluegamesful

Roller Poster
Yes it does state that both launch and lifthill are possible, but it doesn’t specify with which type of restraint and since there is an Infinity with OTSRs... well we shall see.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Yes it does state that both launch and lifthill are possible, but it doesn’t specify with which type of restraint and since there is an Infinity with OTSRs... well we shall see.

In fairness, the way their description reads on the website, it implies that lap bars are standard (regardless of what the ride features), and a park can request OTSRs if they want...

Our newly designed T-lap bars lock hydraulically and can be adjusted infinitely. This enables even children with a body height of only 1.25m to experience the Infinity Coaster. Besides an automatic opening of the T-lap bars the Infinity Coaster features automatic closing of the lap bars, too. The automatic closing provides time saving during the process of dispatch. By request the coaster cars are available with over the shoulder restraints.

The Infinity Coaster is designed to master the endless number of your layout ideas. Thanks to carrying wheels with very big diameter the cars accelerate easily up to velocities of 130km/h and more. Therefor the spring-mounted steering provides high flexibility and riding comfort.

The Infinity Coaster is available with chain lift as well as with LSM-Launch – or both!

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Infinity trains have a different heart-line value and friction, so a whole redesign of the layout would have to be done.

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Looking more and more like it'll confirm my bet for this being a separate coaster (and also the previous image confirms this will have a chain lift as you can see the chain trough gap in a support near the start of the lift):

unknown.png

unknown.png

Source: finnish coaster forum and
http://instagr.am/p/B6GEj-rB_-e/

Lofty

CF Legend
This is very intriguing... It doesn't look like the drop will be quite vertical. If this is a different coaster, it's strange that they'd opt for the same colour scheme as Junker.
Why is it weird that they'd pick the same colour? I mean, it's not as if parks don't do that...

w8erbahn

Roller Poster
Why is it weird that they'd pick the same colour? I mean, it's not as if parks don't do that...

I was at Heide Park last october, and I do think it looked very weird to have half of the coasters with white track and green supports crammed together on one side of the park.